www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Putting n77 back to original?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
50thSpain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Putting n77 back to original? Reply with quote

Hi Guys so I finally got my 50th today and am excited to put her back to original, from what I can see there were 2 styles of 50th anniversary, one with dary grey wheels, chequer plate bottoms and aluminium side steps and another one with silver alloy wheels and black side steps is that correct? Are there names for these variants?

Did they all come with A-Bars on the front?

Im also trying to decide whether to get the center console covered in leather or buy a reproduction one as the previous owner stuck a little speaker in it.
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50th that have the grey/silver alloys and Atlantis blue are GB models and designated with the number GB 001 to GB 386.

The rest of the world come in various colours and I have seen various wheels they have the designation 50th 123 etc.

Regarding the centre console the reproduction ones from Ashcroft Transmissions are slightly different than original with regards to the cupholders.

A bars on the front with spot lights would have be an option, they don't all have them.

My 50th is a GB model but had been messed with by Nene Overland so has lost some of the originality. They resprayed it black.

So I'm not worried about being totally original and can tailor it to suit what i like without the stress of possible devaluation. e.g. clear LED lighting and round rather than square fog/reverse; its still drives, sounds and feels the same from the inside - and makes me smile every time i fill it up with petrol
Very Happy
50thSpain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Thanks for clarifying that! Yes my mechanic warned me about the reproduction ones being different so I think ill have my one repaired and upholstered in leather.

Id like to keep it as stock as possible, I have a couple of modified Defenders but would be nice to keep this one original Smile

I just checked and its D 077 so Im guessing it came from Germay originally, am I correct in my findings that the ones with silver alloys didnt have chequer plating at the bottom of the door?
V8GPC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the chequer plate was added to the GB ones. The Japan ones I've seen don't seem to have it.

They produced 1071 Special Edition vehicles.385 stayed in the UK, 451 went to Japan (with boost alloys), Germany 180, France 25, Holland 20 and Belgium 10
50thSpain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying! Time to get ordering parts Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: