www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50th wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oj83

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: 50th wanted Reply with quote

Hi,
My old faithful 300tdi was stolen a few months ago and now looking for a replacement. I have always wanted a 50th so I am now ready to take the plunge.
I am looking for a very clean example (no work required) with full service record and sub 100K millage. I spent 3 years doing my 300TDI up with a new chassis rebuild and it killed me when it got stolen.
If you have one for sale or know anyone who has, please get in contact with me.
I live in the South but am prepared to travel .
Cheers
Olly
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are 2 for you.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/land_rover/defender/postcode/gu11up/radius/1501/transmission/automatic/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/sort/priceasc
oj83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info,
Unfortunately it looks like GB10 is sold and the other one is just out of my price range.
Cheers
Olly
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniff My Diff is considering the sale of his - he would be worth contacting as I believe his car meets your criteria.
Denis O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine must have been good as LRUK sold it for £17,700 Shocked

Surprising that I got no calls from private buyers at £13,995. Perhaps punters feel the "worthless" warranty offered by dealers makes up for the £4k to £5k premium Rolling Eyes
2017 Abarth 595 Competizioni 180 bhp
oj83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denis O wrote:

Surprising that I got no calls from private buyers at £13,995. Perhaps punters feel the "worthless" warranty offered by dealers makes up for the £4k to £5k premium Rolling Eyes

Was yours in Auto trader until yesterday?
Denis O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oj83 wrote:
Denis O wrote:

Was yours in Auto trader until yesterday?

No. Sold mine back in February to Land Rovers UK who had it up on their site at £17,700 within a day and had sold it within a week....and they won't negotiate on price.

I was happy with the deal but it wasn't the £13,995 it was up for. Obviously someone bought it for much much more from LRUK.
2017 Abarth 595 Competizioni 180 bhp
Sniff My Diff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Oj

Sorry to hear about you 300tdi Sad

I am unfortunately selling my 50th due to redundancy, very reluctantly I must add.

Mine is all in GWO, has never wanted for anything and been mechanically looked after, and has just passed its MOT last week.

The previous owner used it for a weekend laning vehicle so the paint has some surface scratches (I have a friend who is a professional valeter and he thinks he can get most out with mopping it and I plan to do this before selling it) It also has a scratch of about 1 inch on the bonnet that has gone down to the primer. I do have touch up paint. It has a few bits of bubbling paint where they all go like that (namely near the door handles). The side steps are missing as the previous owner sold these Sad but otherwise she is in good original condition.

Good bits are that it has 1 year MOT and 5 months tax, It has approx 84,000 miles, It has an ARB rear diff locker with a big compressor under the passenger seat with an air line too for inflating tyres etc. It has working air con, leather faced seats (original seats re trimmed), It has tinted windows but this could peel off if you wanted. It had a new genuine power steering box a year ago, It was tickled by Overfinch when it was nearly new giving it sports gearing, sports exhaust and was putting out at that time 210 bhp. The exhaust is not a noisy boy racer one. It is very clean and tidy inside, carpets are clean, seats are not ripped.

When I got it just over a year ago I had the chassis steam cleaned and it had the original paint on the chassis under the mud and road dirt. I then waxoyled it to offer extra protection.

If you want photos please send me your email address and I can supply some. If you want certain pics let me know. It is a lovely vehicle and is being sold with a heavy heart but redundancy is forcing me to sell it.

Oh and I live in Milton Keynes area so south of the country.

Cheers Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: