www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Thank You All Reply with quote

I have been a member for quite a few years and whilst not a great poster all you guy's have been a great source of help with keeping my 50th running well.

Sadly, I think it is time to let her go as I am doing very few miles each year but more importantly need to fund a Series project which has been in my mind for a few years. I also have a concourse RR Classic which I am going to advertise at the same time so whichever goes first I guess. I am going to keep hanging around the forum as well, just to rub salt in the wound.

I want to get a last couple of drives in them both so perhaps advertising at the end of the month. I will try to offer and sell to an enthusiast rather than a speculator and as such if anyone is interested pm me and I'll let you know first.

The old girl is in great condition having been looked after by myself and the previous owner who had a bit of fettling by Simon Durrant when he bought it. It has done 49k and has a well tuned engine, chipped, headman headers, etc. Frontrunner rack and expensive heated Recaros.

Best wishes All

Last edited by HomersSpiceRack on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your possibly selling, be interesting to see what one is snapped up first. What’s the classic?

I’m sure the series project will be fun Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cobstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not supposed to be looking for another car but I can’t keep away from browsing LR forums, car sale sites, and importers of cars from Japan. I feel the need to scratch the LR itch again. The 50th Anniversary has really piqued my interest. I’ve been lurking on this forum for a while, finally registering today - thank you James and the Admin Team Smile

HomersSpiceRack, I’d be really interested to hear more about your 50th Anniversary. Do you have any photos? What sort of price are you looking for? PM if you prefer and I can let you have my email address.

In my trawling of sales sites for imported 50th Anniversaries, I’ve also found a nice looking V8 Discovery (registered in 2000). And a Nissan S15 Varietta Automatic - I always wanted a 200SX but never got one. We went through a Jap car phase a while back. I did have a UK S2000.
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not sure about selling either D50th but I have been planning a nice Series built to do some miles in for a couple of years and need to scratch the itch.

The RR is a 1987 3.9 Vogue which has been restored to better than new. I know as I have the first owners letters to the dealer asking for two faults to be sorted on the 1000m first service. I’m effectively second owner as first two were mates.

Truth is I just don’t use it as it is too good and I like to use my cars.
Cobstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomersSpiceRack it’s always a difficult decision when you’re not using vehicles much but you need to be really sure you want to let your vehicles go given their provenance and history. Your Series project sounds exciting though Smile
Cobstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomersSpiceRack it’s always a difficult decision when you’re not using vehicles much but you need to be really sure you want to let your vehicles go given their provenance and history. Your Series project sounds exciting though Smile
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm terrible, I am lucky to have a few classic cars and I really don't like selling any but sometimes the new car or project is worth it.

This will be the first car I have sold in nearly ten years Sad
Cobstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s only one car I regret selling Sad
The SO has a garage princess that has been in storage for 18 months pending getting the ridiculously narrow garage widened at the house we bought.

Last edited by Cobstar on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
What puddle?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me a PM with all the details and I'll add it to the For Sale section...which is empty at the moment! Shocked
Defender-less - but big plans!
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies all for the slow response but I have been travelling a bit recently. Thank you all for your interest and I promise I will get back to you individually if you have pm'd me.

I have put a link below to the photo's I have on file of the D50, and the Rangie for those that are interested, which I will update with some information and any other photos that I may have as soon as possible:

[url]https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apt7qzfU5VKygaBzK8U9_W5UhBw-6Q[/url]

[url]https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apt7qzfU5VKygaBpxUgtz1PRYCbAkw[/url]
Cobstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomersSpiceRack wrote:

I have put a link below to the photo's I have on file of the D50, and the Rangie for those that are interested, which I will update with some information and any other photos that I may have

Your D50 and the tasteful modifications are stunning Very Happy
oilit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that RRC is a stunner - if only I had some spare cash and a spare storage place !
romanrob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Series? I would find it quite hard to go back to Series driving after the 50th, but Stage 1 V8 is a possibility : o), or sell the Classic and pick up a P38 for a 10th of the price.

GB065 - since 2002
Currently on my 2nd 50th RR V8 GEMS
Nanocom unlocked for GEMS

Formerly a 50th RR, 200TDi CSW, and a SIII 2.25 Petrol
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a new P38 and the day I bought it was the first time I saw a 50th. It was 1997 and I bought a 4.6HSE which was around £27k ISTR and in the showroom next to it was the 50th for £25k which the dealer said wasn't selling well due to the fuel consumption.

How times have changed!

I did enjoy the P38 though but never took to the shape.
HomersSpiceRack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been really dragging my heals on the 50th but now decided to advertise it this weekend but I will post in the For Sale section here and also let those who pm'd me know first.

It's in really good condition and I have used it a little recently so it was on 49k but is likely to have just turned 50k but I will check.

I will be asking £35k which I think is reasonable especially considering the mileage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: