www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB059 - possible sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbsjk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: GB059 - possible sale Reply with quote

Got a quote for one of our outbuildings that collapsed in the snow this year and the boss turned and looked at my 50th Crying or Very sad

I've assured her that it won't cover the cost (leaving me a little for a new toy). What do you think that realistic values are around at the moment?

She's (the 50th not the wife) is unrestored and in good running condition. All original except for LPG that was fitted from nearly new (only single point so easily removed which was my next spend) and now covered 97k miles. Nice history book with it showing ongoing maintenance.

Having looked around at prices she thinks I could get high 20k's for it but I'd think it was more around the 20k was more realistic. 20k means I get to keep it but by mid-20k's she'd have a point and will press me to change it into a shiny new steel frame!

What do people think, is 25k realistic?

Jonathan
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell her that its only worth £15k as its un restored as is a rolling restoration project; and if you keep it, and continue to improve things it could be worth much more one day... so is an investment. The longer you keep it the more its going to be worth when the day comes to sell. Very Happy

Plus once you have a new shiney out building you'd end up buying another to put in it.

Keep yours you know all its issues, and know its history.

If you really had to sell; then £20K would be a quick sale and likely get snapped up; but really does depend on body condition. Any photos?

At £25k - £30k it could take a while to sell; so doesn't solve your problem to free up some funds.

Besides a nice ruin (out building) makes a trendy garden ornament!
bbsjk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the sort of range I thought. Body condition is generally good considering its not been touched. I'm not going to start posting pics as I might get an offer!

I thought 20k was reasonable and it's good to know that's the right level. But I'd have to put money to it which would mean that the boss would not get her kitchen which, funnily enough, she would prefer Rolling Eyes

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: