www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarming!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkyfingers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Alarming! Reply with quote

My car alarm is operating successfully on the driver's door but not on the passenger's door or the rear rear door. As this sort of thing is beyond my mechanical skill set, I took it to the local auto-electrician who says the signal is going from the doors but not being dealt with by the control unit.
As he didn't know where the unit was on this particular model, and as I didn't particularly want to pay for his education, I thought I would ask you guys for help.
Could someone point me to where the control unit is located and is there anything else which may help resolve this problem?
While I'm here, were the OEM door hinge fixings TORX (T40?) bolts or cross-head as on my vehicle?
Thanks for your help.
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The control unit is a green box behind the dash, drivers side. Access could be by removing dial pod or from underneath .

May be connections or door switches. These are found on the door pillar of the bulkhead and on bracket by hinge on rear.
The screw used to mount switch is also the earth. These corrode and may cause the issue.

Does the courtesy light work with these doors? This will show if the switch works.
inkyfingers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Alarming! Reply with quote

Thank you for that, it should save an hour or so of ferreting around!

I did check the door switches, they were pretty good but I cleaned them up and checked there was power to them but the interior light still doesn’t work off them; it is OK with the driver’s door.

It sounds as if it may be an earthing problem so I’ll check the switches again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: