www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compression test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigmac911

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Compression test Reply with quote

Hi guys

I am still thinking about engine upgrade options for GB40. I have had the sump off and checked out the bottom end - all ok. I did find a screw in the sump which turned out to be one of oil pickup fasteners. The other wasn't all that tight either. Lucky I found it before the inevitable crunch...

Next on the agenda is a compression test. Does anyone have the cylinder psi specification?

If thats ok I will probably fit a Piper torque cam/lifters/timing gear and upgrade the ECUs. I would like to go for the RPI 4.6 stage 3 but its £10k and not sure if i would get my money back. It would be fun though...

Cheers
Craig
craigmac911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Here is some information about the cylinder pressures as advised by RPI;

'150 to 160 psi would be a new engine If yours are 140 psi then that’s good'

GB40 has a range 140 - 160 so should be good for the cam swap option.

Hopefully this may be useful to others considering options or just checking the engine condition.

cheers
Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: