www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T877 SUG - GB043, 42279 Miles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul E Fox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: T877 SUG - GB043, 42279 Miles. Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Gents,

My uncle sadly passed away a few years ago and my Aunty has now decided to return to Australia to be with her side of the family.

She has asked me to sell GB43 on her behalf which I am now in possession of.

I have the option of putting this through a Manheim auction in Birmingham at some point over the next month but it would be a real shame for it to go to the "trade" as opposed to a genuine enthusiast (although by default it may end up in an enthusiasts hands).

So I've come to you guys to see what information is required outside of the usual and if potentially anyone would be interested in buying the vehicle.

I have all the paperwork that my Aunty was in possession of including the complete photo documented refurbishment by Simon Durant in Dec 2012, but I need to try and get it all in some form of order to identify exactly what service history there is and when it was done etc - understandably due to the situation with my uncle some of the detail is a bit hazy.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Rgds,

Paul
NAS90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences on your loss.

In regards to the car, a restored, original specification GB 50th Defender with around 46,000miles was sold over the weekend for £35,000 so that is probably a fair price indicator for the car.

In many respects, the car's condition will speak for itself in a sale, the MOT history for your car suggests that it needed a rear crossmember for an MOT a few years ago and if it had a quality restoration in late 2012 it is reasonable to assume at that point it was put back into good order. Any service history you can find is all helpful for the sale and the new owner, but the condition and verified mileage is what will sell the car.

Just have it valeted if it needs it, take some good photos and put it on Auto Trader/ eBay/ etc. and someone will take it off your hands in relatively short order I am sure.
V8GPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2022&highlight=&sid=3971e4e1cda97e7b25996a918d9327ef

Was sold shortly after its restoration, the link still works to the photos of work done *before and after*, plus a list of bits and pieces.

Photos
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103644911665263289646/album/AF1QipMJFxh29mLTK3tURiZ8CV5RE7R6BEFIdxCReR8u/AF1QipM5HxgYXscXdHBgFq7nVD8O4uNDmpttvxXS8dr7?authKey=COb8pej_2a67Nw

It may well have been your uncle who bought back end of 2012; as you say he has a photo album of the rebuild. (probably paid about £20K back then)

Coupled with the history already listed on this site and the MOT info; mileage looks to be genuine.

How has it aged in the last 6 years?
Where about in the UK are you - you suggest Birmingham.

Although £35K is achievable - sometimes it takes a while to find the right buyer. Traders will offer low and they tend to sit around for a while in the usable places.

Being a private sale; has pros and cons - for me its sounds very genuine vehicle than some of the trade listed ones.
Paul E Fox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chaps.

Looking back through the paperwork I think Simon did the work in Feb / March 2012 & my Uncle purchased it in the September (09/09/2012).

The photo restoration record indicates a pretty comprehensive overhaul back to the metal and down to the chassis although I guess that Simon could confirm the exact detail - there are a number of receipts from him as well for various parts.

In terms of condition its been her main vehicle but has been based in SW London so low use generally, and the bodywork all looks decent and straight likewise with the interior, I'm going to get it valeted and some photos done as soon as I can as well.

Last service which was in March this year was £850 which included pads F&R, gearbox & diff oil, filters, plugs plus some minor elec work for the windows.

The easiest thing for me is to put it into the auction with an advanced notification to drum up a bit of interest (however it will only fetch "trade" money) but as I said I'd like it to go to an enthusiast and arguably I will potentially get more for it privately..

The only issue being that I just don't know the full and comprehensive background for the car so people may have questions that I can't answer!

I guess if a sensible offer is made for the car (& my Aunty agrees the figures) then the market price is the price that the vehicle is worth and therefore the figure that'll be accepted.

I'm based in Leamington Spa.

edited - to say the links are great thank you, that's the car looking very similar today and I do believe that the member "Cobalt" was my Uncle (Mobile no. is correct), the wonders of the internet eh!!!
Paul E Fox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning All,

Thanks for the interest and help overnight - I've reply to the PM's but my number is 07951 539959 is anyone want to give me a shout.

Thanks,

Paul
V8GPC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Landrover-Defender-50TH-Anniversary-Edition-GB043-Uk-42000-Miles-V8/322951188210?hash=item4b31640ef2:g:Nn4AAOSwVtZaO~ks

£39,950
Paul E Fox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know - its a shame that they decided to profit from it but as long as it ends up in good hands...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: