www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defender alarm issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oj83

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Defender alarm issues Reply with quote

Hi guys, looking for some advice on my alarm. Had issues with it a few months ago where it was randomly going off when it was locked. Weirdly when the alarm was going off I was unable to disarm it with the fob but the car still started even with the alarm going off. I normally knew when the alarm was going to go off as there was a few quick quiet chimes from the horm in the period before the alarm would sound. It eventually got worse and the alarm would go off even without the alarm being armed.

I had it in the garage about a month ago and they tracked all the wiring, checked all the switches and Cleaned all the terminals etc. All has been good since then until yesterday when it all started again. Then alarm even went off while driving down the road yesterday but only sounded for about 5 seconds.

I am now at a complete loss as what to do and it's sitting there with the battery disconnected. Does anyone know if there is a way of simply disconnecting the alarm on the 50th completely or have any ideas what I should check next?

Cheers Olly
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alarm can be turn off when the vehicle is plugged into Autologic Testbook at your local dealership / Independant.

I suggest you check the state of your battery and also the siren has an internal battery which is charged from the vehicle. This can fail and when it does it will go off when you drive along. Been there done that Embarassed Embarassed

Purchased new and had no issues since. It will sound twice when key turned in ignition to tell you its battery is low and its not receiving the charge from vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: