www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan Prices in Japan and Comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V8GPC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Japan Prices in Japan and Comparison Reply with quote

Found an interesting site

http://goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/LAND_ROVER/LAND_ROVER_DEFENDER/summary.html

Its a site in Japan that list several 50ths for sale, ranging in prices, mileages and condition etc.

The intersting thing is the cheapest one on there is 1,920,000 yen; which is about £13,800 before import cost and tax etc.

Most expensive is 3,590,000 yen; which is about £25,800 before import cost and tax etc. (although its only done about 37k miles)

The exchange rate is probably inflated due to the weak pound; at about 0.007 yen to the pound. Best its ever been was in 2015 at 0.005 yen to the pound.

£13,800 would have been about £9,900 ion 2015.

Eitherway it seems less attractive to import at the moment; and the prices seen recently in the UK for both Japan and GB models don't see to far away from what you'd expect. ie early £25K is probably the ball park for a 50th in good conditional (without any major reconditioning).

Thought i'd share as it may be useful for anyone thinking of selling and unsure of values - or when it comes to buying. (Japan or GB)

It would be intersting to see if any major hikes happen once the 50th can be imported into the states. Land Rovers over there seem to be $60K-$100K (about £47K to £78K)
TimRS4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been looking at the Japan auction prices for 50ths, for ages.

Yes, the exchange rate has completely screwed-up the possibility of importing from Japan (at a worthwhile price) at the moment.
chicosalgueiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Japan Prices in Japan and Comparison Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be intersting to see if any major hikes happen once the 50th can be imported into the states. Land Rovers over there seem to be $60K-$100K (about £47K to £78K)

Maybe on ebay, but they end up not selling. Real world prices (d-90/defendersource.com) for NAS90s are more like 45K-65K USD. Exceptional ones (<10K miles, significant ownership history) might reach 80-90K. Checking Craigslist near where I live, I see 2 in the 30-40K range. (https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/6051092701.html). I think the LHD (European 50th Anniversary 1998s, Dubai/Japan NAS 97s) V8s will do fairly well and approach NAS prices.

F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: