www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to not get ripped off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downforce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: How to not get ripped off Reply with quote

Hi All

I am looking for a 50th at the moment and see the Japs on ebay but really would like a dark colour, persnally not so bothered about it being a UK car but if it is then fine.

What I am concerned about though is buying a 1998 90 with an auto gearbox lookielike - I'm sure those of you with loads of experience can help and I'm sure there's "well known" cars around but what are the key things in identifying a genuine 50th from a clone?

Someone mentioned the Chassis number anomaly for "RED" Jap cars - meant nothing to me but implies theres a chassis number run that designates the 50th cars.

Talking of which I have reached out to a few folk that have indicated they have cars coming up for sale but if anyone has a dark one (e.g. Blue/Green) coming up for sale - please let me know.

I'm really not in a desparate rush so will wait for the right car and ideally looking in the 20s more than the 30s. I can move quickly when the right car comes along.
Crocs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will give you a good start:
http://defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13

All UK cars should be Atlantis Blue. The advantage of a Japanese one is that it is likely to be in better condition due to non-salted roads and the disadvantage (when selling) is that it will have a lower value than a UK one.

The £20s should get you a good Japanese one or a middle of the road UK one.

Good hunting.

Robert
Downforce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: