www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted - Defender 50th

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Wanted - Defender 50th Reply with quote

Chaps, after getting frustrated at looking at over priced tired 50ths, and opting to buy a new Puma 90 SW, I'm back in the market for a good 50th.

I'm not interested in over priced painted pigs or restoration projects but would like to find a cared for, honest, 50th. Service history is essential and ideally one that has been treated to corrosion protection during its life!

Jim Hallam have one with 76k miles up for £22,895 asking, which looks tidy but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone was thinking of selling?
NAS90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in JSF, Norwich this week and they have two 50th in there that are new arrivals from Japan.

One is an original Atlantis Blue, unmodified as far as I could see with a quick look. The other one is in white and is a monster with coil over suspension, 35" tires, side exit exhaust.

I would assume as they are both imports and don't yet have plates on that they have been brought in to sell, might be worth a call to JSF to see if they know if they are, as I presume for sale......

I have an ex-Japan 50th bought because, having looked at a few UK Defenders, the imported one was much cleaner and better value than the equivalent UK car having spent their lives in a better climate.
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll look into the unmodified one.
Crocs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate you don't want an overpriced one (no-one does) but what's your budget?
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crocs,

This one was £21,950 asking:-

http://defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2933

I thought that seemed fair and reasonable. I contacted the owner the day before yesterday but it was sold.

I have been offered one (UK car), in reasonable condition but lacking documented service history for £5k less.

If an owner was serious about selling their cared for car, I would be serious about buying. What I don't believe is fair are the inflated prices dealers are asking and that is why the cars remain unsold.

I am happy to hear where others believe a good 50th should be priced, all I can go on are the cars currently sitting unsold or recently sold.
Crocs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm sent.
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mine up for sale at the moment, it is booked in with Simon so curently its in " unrestored " condition however that's purely from a cosmetic standpoint.. mechanically and structurally it is perfect with lots of upgrades and additional parts and you wont find a 50th with a more comprehensive history!

Happy to have a chat with you if you want to PM me your number.

ex owner GB165
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a diversion to deal with something more important than material possessions, I am now back looking for a good honest 50th.

Being totally straightforward, I am not interested in over-priced examples (I understand the cost of restoration), nor do I want something that is undrievable and/or falling apart.

I was offered one just before I had to divert my attention and it was honest condition, unmodified, not in need of restoration, service history and reasonable mileage (circa 70k) for under £17k - and that is my benchmark.

Anyone looking to sell, who wants an honest, no nonsense buyer and to avoid all the possible BS associated with SOR, dealers and tyre kickers, please let me know.
Crocs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-LAND-ROVER-defender-90-BLUE-4-0-V8-Automatic-50th-Anniversary-6-seats-/152348854886?hash=item2378b30a66:g:FxkAAOSw4GVYSn4U

Robert
Plus4SS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, I'd rather purchase a GB car; however, if I don't find a suitable one, I will widen the search.

Have been asked what my budget is and probably should have confirmed that.

Would pay up to £25,000 for a clean, no unique parts missing, unmodified (obviously I'm not fussed about things that can be easily removed and won't leave issues with the bodywork, etc), 50th with service history.
Crocs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Barry's would fit the bill although you might need to compromise a little on price.

See here:
http://defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3144

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: