www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Doors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maver1ck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Front Doors Reply with quote

I need some new front doors as the next part of my renovation of GB278. Having had trouble with fitting a pattern door when I replaced the rear door I want to get parts that will fit. I've been offered some 'OEM' doors (part numbers LR703L and R) and some ex Puma doors (part numbers LR029310 and LR029311). Does anyone know which to go for?
Thanks in advance.
Steven
oilit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Doors Reply with quote

maver1ck wrote:
I need some new front doors as the next part of my renovation of GB278. Having had trouble with fitting a pattern door when I replaced the rear door I want to get parts that will fit. I've been offered some 'OEM' doors (part numbers LR703L and R) and some ex Puma doors (part numbers LR029310 and LR029311). Does anyone know which to go for?
Thanks in advance.
Steven

Personally, I would buy only genuine - but its down to personal choice - you do find them coming up on ebay and places.
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puma doors fit no problem and will last longer, you can use the original door cards also with a small trim.
maver1ck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Front Doors Reply with quote

Just in case anyone needs front doors I eventually purchased John Craddock supplied ALR6256 and ALR6257. They are £240 + vat each and as near to original as I think you can get. No spacers needed and all old door parts refitted without problems where needed.
GB278 well on the way to fully refurbished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: