www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarface GTti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: GB015 Reply with quote

Hi, just to let you know that the above vehicle is now on here. The car is in my possession but I don't own it, it belongs to my best mate who purchased it just before Christmas and who has left it with me to punt about in and tinker with to fix a few issues for him.

At some point i'll put some photos up to ask for help in spotting anything on it that is incorrect. So far I know it has a different steering wheel (but may have been an option?) and that the window winders and transfer nob are incorrect. It's a standard truck as far as I can tell and he's looking at having it put to as it should. It's booked in for a full respray and wheel refurb and then we'll look at any other bits that need doing.

I don't know if anyone has any experience of it or not but I was going to contact Land Rover to see if it's possible to get hold of a build record or something like a Heritage record to nail down how it was supplied from the factory. Just to confirm that the half leather seats it has are original and that the rear seat setup is correct and what options it was supplied with.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know the history of GB015? It has had a rather interesting history, hope its not a shock:

http://www.defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=530&highlight=015

http://www.defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2922&highlight=015

It may as a result have quite a few non standard bits.
Seats were all cloth with 4 side facing seats in the back.

Best regards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TimRS4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Blimey.... caveat emptor, ‘spose.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this was up for sale, I didn't think it was right of me to state (on the Current Values section) what had happened to GB015. Even if mine hadn't been up for sale against it, I still wouldn't have been happy pointing it out, so I said nothing and just stated that it was 'standard'. The fact that it was only £20k should have been a pointer, and it really is up to buyers to do some research - and this website makes that fairly easy. Just Googling GB015 throws up the relevant pages. Having said that, a re-built (due to damage) Defender wouldn't bother me in the least. There is a stigma attached to re-built cars which is understandable, but there shouldn't be with a Defender, as you can simply start again...and always make a better job of it than Land Rover ever did! I hope the buyer of GB015 is happy with his purchase, it looked very tidy in the sales pics.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Scarface GTti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wasn't aware but have been right through it and it's straight as an arrow with good panel gaps and as the case is that it's been accident damaged it's certainly been put back together perfectly. As you say Defenders are about as simple as they come, just like a Lego kit, so no reason for it not to be as good as any other used Landy.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the rear plaque been replaced? It was stolen when it was in the salvage yard.
You can have a new one made now by http://www.artmindesign.co.uk/?m=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scarface GTti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it hasn't been replaced so thankyou for the link Smile
Scarface GTti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get some photos taken at the weekend and post up to try and establish the parts that we need to find to bring it back to correct.
Spooner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see a 50th back on the road Very Happy

GB168 - electric, yes, electric sunroof Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: