www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What puddle?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Values Reply with quote

To all those who believe the 50ths may be over-valued, here's a little pointer that it may not be so.
http://www.bramley.com/carsales/details/Land-Rover-Defender/90-NAS-Soft-Top---1994-Model-Year-Canadian-Specification/11784.htm
Admittedly, it's a little 'special', but it's a left-hooker and, I have to say, would never appeal above a 50th. And it's yours for £80,000

Gary (in Canada) I hope you're reading this!

Said it before, say it again; 50ths may look over-valued, but when you start looking around at what Defenders (that have had a spanner-monkey spend a few days on it) are being sold for, you start to realise there is going to an ever-increasing value for the traditional Defender.

I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to the auto press, but the rise of electric cars in the UK is going up at 37% a year - and JLR have just announced the truly gorgeous all-electric i-Pace:
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/jaguar-i-pace-concept-live-5-1280x720.jpg
Is this the way for the forthcoming Defender - electric? Electric cars have a real place now (I have a BMW i3 myself), but that move would only increase the value of petrol Defenders like ours, I think.
Defender-less - but big plans!
V8GPC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not a fan of the climbing frame; and curious what the third pedal does, but its an interesting one to watch.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble with that frame, haven't they? I'm not positive that fog light is legal, but I'm sure Bramley thinks it is.

James, this is one for your collection, isn't it? Sell some of that stuff you've bought off ebay first. Rolling Eyes
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice NAS, I just missed out on it about 3 years ago when the Bramley guy bought it. I do already have a NAS Barry, mine is one of the few that didn't get exported and kept by Land Rover before being sold off. Mine is the same as the red one, a '94 with the square rear lights and indicators in the front bumper.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crocs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:
i'm not a fan of the climbing frame; and curious what the third pedal does, but its an interesting one to watch.

Do you mean the pedal on the left? You use it in conjunction with the long stick thingy in the middle of the cabin!

Robert
Adbseries3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer yours James, absolutely beautiful.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, James! But I hope it's usually kept on carpet. Maybe one day you could PM us all a picture of your entire collection. I wouldn't put it on the net - no need to advertise what you have in those barns.

I know you won't sell, but there's an interesting site here:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?makeFacet=Land+Rover&modelFacet=Defender+90&adtypeFacet=carsforsale&year_min=&year_max=
So I think yours is worth around £70,000
Aaron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great in yellow James. I really like the NAS versions. I still think the 50th also has the best look for a Defender.
TVR Cerbera Speed 6
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You use it in conjunction with the long stick thingy in the middle of the cabin!

Use it......James ??!!

Sorry something not right there !!!! Wink Very Happy Laughing

Wanting to build one - have galv chassis and slowly collecting bits...!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: