www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB256

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuse92

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: GB256 Reply with quote

Hi all, first post here.

I bought GB256 this past spring. She needed a lot of TLC, including an engine rebuild. I got caught on the slippery slope...

So she went to JE Engineering, who rebuilt the engine to a 5.0 litre spec, with JE202 cams and the big valve heads. Also went with their upgraded ITG air intake and a full BTB custom exhaust. She now has a bit over 300bhp and sounds like thunder.

To go with it, got a rebuilt transfer box (ratio from 1.4 to 1.2) and upgraded to an 4HP24EH tranny with a larger torque converter, both from Ashcroft.

Upgraded brakes to puma calipers and Tarox discs and pads, and put on JE's 1 inch lowered suspension. The stock suspension, calipers, etc. were all in a sorry state. We cleaned up underneath as much as we could and had it all covered with Dinitrol.

I kept the exterior as standard except upgraded the headlights and lamps to LED items, replaced the broken grill and headlight surrounds with KBX items, and painted the chequer plating black. I had to get one of the wheels repainted and touched up some corrosion on a couple of the panels and the doors, in the usual places.

Interior, I kept as standard but had seats, steering wheel, and gearshift and transfer knobs recovered in leather, and put in a Mud centre console so I could put in a decent stereo/sat nav (Alpine INE W-997D) and install switches for the new seat heaters and electric windows. I also did JE's electric parking brake conversion, which put another switch in the new centre console and freed up some much needed room in the driver's side footwell.

In the end it cost a bundle, but it is a keeper so worth it!

Wish I could post some pictures but they are all on my computer!
Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 50th world!

Mine also has a 5.0L JE lump, installed with a previous owner back in 2003 sometime. It is just having stainless steel exhaust, hedman manifolds and a new chip installed. Also addressing my high idle cold start problem. I can't wait to get it back.

Look forward to seeing some pictures.
TVR Cerbera Speed 6
JAMIEC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me Wink

GB093 5 Litre J.E. Powered
Jaguar XJR100
Audi 80 Quattro B2
Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth 4x4
Mercedes Vito 122 Sport X
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, people are certainly prepared to invest in 50th's these days
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: