www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coil Pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oilit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Coil Pack Reply with quote

just brought the 50th out of storage, and opened the bonnet to hear a ticking noise - turns out it was a lead arc between the plug on the coil pack and the bracket. When I pulled off the plug lead - the coil top had just crumbled Sad

Had to make a hard decision - after market at £40-£60 or the genuine LR at 10 times that (you cant get just the single coil packs on their own apparently !)

Decided to go genuine and then have three spare coils just in case + new set of magnecore leads.

Need to sit down and recuperate now for a few weeks Rolling Eyes
50Def

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issue with going Genuine when I can stomach the cost.

But in this case was looking at the coil packs recently and saw there were OEM versions available - has anyone used the OEM versions and what was the experience?
V8GPC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about second hand?

Plenty GEMS V8 out there that are scrapped from the P38 Ranage Rover; i've just bought one for £8 off eBay, it looked in a nice clean condition even the bracket had no rust; thought even if i get one coil from it - would be worth it.
oilit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:
what about second hand?

Plenty GEMS V8 out there that are scrapped from the P38 Ranage Rover; i've just bought one for £8 off eBay, it looked in a nice clean condition even the bracket had no rust; thought even if i get one coil from it - would be worth it.

good point - i guess i just didn't want the hassle of taking it out to put the new 2nd hand one in and then having a bad surprise. At least I know I have three good spare ones now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: