www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50th 107 in Auction on Saturday 5th November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAS90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: 50th 107 in Auction on Saturday 5th November Reply with quote

As the title says, very nice condition ex-Japan 50th coming up in my local auction ACA in King Lynn on Saturday. Like mine (GB 282) it was originally blue but changed to black at some point in its life, chassis, body & interior all look really good. Must be great value at that guide price if anyone is in the market.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C805636

I'll be going along to see how it and a few other interesting toys sell on the day but won't be a buyer of this one, apparently three V8 Defenders are too many for one person.....still she didn't say I couldn't buy another car, just not another V8 Defender!
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested to find out what the one goes for.
Guide price is £15K to £17K

My 50th GB194 is also black and looks very similar; except my checker plate is also balck and my roll cage is silver (must get that back to black at some point).

I paid a lot less than £15K for a genuine GB 6 momths ago so intersted to see what it goes for.

Any idea of mileage?

Thanks for the heads up Smile
NAS90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:
I'll be interested to find out what the one goes for.

I paid a lot less than £15K for a genuine GB 6 momths ago so intersted to see what it goes for.

You did well to get a GB badged car of any condition or mileage under £15,000 even 6 months ago. I paid a lot more than that for GB282 and the body is quite tatty, all be it with very low mileage.

Having now owned three ex Japan and two UK 50ths I find you normally pay more for the GB badge but actually end up with a car that is in worse condition compared to the Japan imports. The UK cars body & chassis all seem to corrode quite badly due to our climate, whereas the imports are all much cleaner underneath, inside and outside having spent their lives in more favourable weather.

I'm on the fence right now as to whether to restore 282 or find a very low mileage import and sell 282 on. The one in the auction has over 100,000 miles on it, but looks better than mine with 44,000 miles.
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has 80k on the clock and body wise is good as Nene did the respray back in 2008 as it was one of there Autochargers... with the go faster stripes.

Its slowly going back to a more reserved appearance, and i've sold all the bling items on ebay which sold for more than the new replacement; so definately got a good buy; but you are right about the chassis - it had a rear x member by the previous owner and a new tubular out rigger by me; a Galvanised Chassis is in its future.

Even with all the extras (LED lighting, Mantec Wheel carrier) it still ows me less than £15k so interested to see what this import goes for.
TimRS4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It fetched £15120, inc fees !

I’ve been looking at the importation valuations (from Japan) but with the cr4p value of the pound at the moment, this auction vehicle is a bargain in comparison.
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-5th-nov-gates-open-10am-sale-starts-midday/1998-land-rover-defender-50th-anniversary/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: