www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Defender 50 in Sussex/Surrey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteJones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Looking For Defender 50 in Sussex/Surrey Reply with quote

I'm after a Defender 50 in the Sussex/Surrey area of the UK. The main requirement is that it is manual not automatic, other than that, open to all offers Cool
Allan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

You may struggle as all the 50th's were made as automatics.

I think there is one that has been converted to manual no doubt James will give you the definitive answer.

The auto's are remarkably good you know. Excellent in traffic and even better off road. Give one a try if you haven't already.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

As Allan says, there are all autos, apart from one we know of but its not a very tidy conversion.
Give an auto a try, it will be far batter than you think!

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PeteJones

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - that explains that then! Think I'll enquire about the one at Fox4x4...

Pete
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Let us know how you get on.

Tony Fox is a really nice guy, a friend brought the NAS replica thats on his site. He was very helpfull.

Best rgards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PeteJones

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, James. I spoke to Tony today and we had a good chat. Will be taking a look at the 50th he has on his site in a week or so, sounds great though Wink

Then it will be onto getting the LPG conversion done. I've been looking around for fuel stations that sell LPG and the nearest one to me is literally 2 mins away.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: