www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspension Improvements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timmytendance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Suspension Improvements Reply with quote

Good morning all,

I have recently fitted Bilstein B6 shocks to my 2003 Defender TD5 which has improved things no end. A friend would like to fit these to his 50th Defender, but I can't find a definitive answer as to which ones are correct for this vehicle?

These are the ones I fitted to my TD5:

http://www.paddockspares.com/da1017-bilstein-b6-performance-rear-gas-shock-absorber-from-xa159807.html

They also have this version which is suitable for Defenders up to the end of the 300tdi era:

http://www.paddockspares.com/da1006-bilstein-b6-performance-rear-gas-shock-absorber.html

When my friend purchased the vehicle, he was told that all 50th Defenders were lifted 2" from the factory but I can't find any reference to this and suspect that it is not the case.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance!
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would say that your Land Rover at the age it is would be crying out for new shock absorbers, so any would have made a difference including Genuine ones.

I would say that the Bilsteins should fit, but the Genuine ones work well and like your Bilsteins will age and become less effective over time.
Nothing worse than seeing yellow or Blue suspension items under a special Defender.......includes Chrome James !! Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: