www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defender 50th for sale - Scotland £13500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattyJBC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Defender 50th for sale - Scotland £13500 Reply with quote

It is with a heavy heart that I find myself in the position of having to consider selling my Defender 50th. It has only done 900 miles in the last year and it seems a crime for it to just sit in the garage all year. I am not desperate to sell but I want it to be used and appreciated by someone who also has a passion for these vehicles.

It is pretty standard apart from central locking (that is temperamental) and has got a full service history, a stamped service book, and every bill from new. It has covered 67,000 miles and has been serviced yearly since new. The interior is in good condition and does not show its age. The locks don't work very well and the driver and passenger doors only open from the inside - it needs new locks really.

Externally the paintwork is shiny but it has the normal corrosion on the corners and has a small (wheelie bin shaped) dent in the passenger side front wing. There are some marks on the paintwork and a scratch on the roof. All the panels are solid and the doors must have been replaced at some point as all three are great. Chrome is all good and It has an A bar and spotlights (landrover) on the front.

The underside is solid and it seems to have been sealed many years ago. The rear cross member is the worst part and will need replacing in years to come as is flaking but has not been an advisory on an MOT and has a few years left. The exhaust needs replacing ASAP as it is more holes than metal but it only needs doing from the Cats back. It sounds OK but looks terrible from underneath. Passed an MOT though! There are some small oil leaks from the engine but these have been there since I have owned it and it never needs oil topping up between yearly services. The drivers side front hub seal needs replacing (was an advisory at MOT). It had new brake pipes, HT leads and a new viscous coupling last year. Has also had a new battery this year and starts fine every time.

The Defender is good to go and would be fine as she is but it would be nice if I can find an owner who wants to do the work required to make her perfect. I am realistic about the price and feel that this is below her true value but want to sell to someone who is interested. It also reflects the fact it is in Scotland and that there is some work that needs doing. I need space in the garage for my other half's Beetle!

If you are interested I can send pictures by email and I am more than happy for anyone to come and view it or get an inspection done. I am pretty solid on the price and I am not rushing to sell - I have not advertised it anywhere else as I want someone to be looking for one, not just stumble over it!

Feel free to drop me a PM on here or text me 07989432572 and I can email pictures. Happy to answer any questions.

Matt
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pm sent
MattyJBC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold.... That's was quicker than expected!

In mourning now!!!

Matt
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice meeting you today Matt, don't worry she's gone to a good home Very Happy

Do I now hold the record of being in possession of three 50th?
Crocs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was sat in Carcassonne airport earlier today when I saw this post and was going to say that the vehicle being in Scotland shouldn't make any difference Matt. People have to travel to get them these days. Anyway, if Albert doesn't stop soon, they'll all be here!!

And then got home to see it's sold! So, no more on Green Road Runs?

Robert
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what youve spent gaining three you could have bought one amazing one! Wink
Did I mention Simon's nearly finished mine? lol

ex owner GB165
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeh but I've got three what's better than that! the three all have there own character and worth. Especially 131 which is as good as restored, the other two are both in 'original' condition.
SALLHAMv8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

none of them is LHD and for sale?

let me know if one f the characters is looking for a new home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: