www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two 50th In Norfolk Auction Next Weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAS90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Two 50th In Norfolk Auction Next Weekend Reply with quote

Whilst I am firmly banned from buying anymore toys this year I was up at my local auctions looking at the classics going on sale next weekend and I thought it might be of interest to anyone who is looking for a 50th.

Anglia Car Auctions, Kings Lynn has a couple of 50ths in their classic car auction 9th April and they reckon they have 12 Land Rovers for this sale, including Series, 101 and various Defenders (some better than others!)

Both 50ths are ex Japan and are the ones I saw a few weeks back in JSF Norwich, obviously being serviced and prepared prior to sale. The Atlantis Blue one looks original and is in nice condition; body, chassis and interior all look clean, the paintwork on the passenger door is a little thin but otherwise it all looks good. The rear door, shocks and a few other bits look new, I managed to borrow the keys and it starts and runs spot on. Guide on it is 15-17,000 which is probably about right for its condition in my opinion, although this one is virtually identical to my 50th and i'd want more than that guide price if I was to part with mine so hard to tell what it will make on the day but it would definitely make a nice 50th for someone.

The 2nd 50th they have there is a great toy that someone must have spent a lot of time and money building. It is, like several Japan 50ths, a white one fitted with a monster lift, coil-over suspension, huge wheels and tires, looks really well built and sounds just awesome to me. The guys there didn't know the guide price on it yet, but if (like me) you like big noisy V8 Defenders this must be near perfection! I for one will be very envious of whoever buys it.

The Forward control 101 and Series III Dormobile also look interesting if anyone is in the market.....
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested to hear what these go for.. The Defender market in general is very boyant at the moment and some of the prices im seeing on forecourts are pretty strong.. in fact ridiculously so!

ex owner GB165
TimRS4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops Shocked

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-9th-april/1998-land-rover-defender-50th-anniversary/
NAS90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimblowscash wrote:
I would be interested to hear what these go for.. The Defender market in general is very boyant at the moment and some of the prices im seeing on forecourts are pretty strong.. in fact ridiculously so!

The white modified one made £13,400, the Atlantis Blue one didn't make reserve and is now available £15,000

The white one wasn't everyones taste (but was to my tastes) so isn't really reflective of market prices, but at £15k I would have thought the standard car should have sold, seems cheap compared to recent sales prices reported here and elsewhere. Looking at the other Land Rovers at this auction though most went on the lower end of their price range or didn't sell so maybe there weren't the right type of buyers there for Land Rovers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: