www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB 165

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: GB 165 Reply with quote

Watch this space, about to go to MOT and have the LPG system serviced then a full for sale listing will be made.. Crying or Very sad

ex owner GB165
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics to follow..

Unfortunately it is time to part with my 50 ( GB 165 ) after 5 years of loving every minute of owning it ( someone once told me you never own a landie.. they just come to live with you for a while ) a fairly harsh divorce means I need to let it go.

I will try to list it all as honestly as possible, it was bought from a forum member from the Mendips and has accompanied me to every London to Brighton run since so plenty of members know it.

Mileage. 91k
MOT Oct 2016
Year 1998

I have used the landie for search and rescue work for four years now and it has performed flawlessly, obviously due to the nature of the work I have kept it in tip top mechanical condition and regularly serviced, there are no mechanical issues however there are a few small cosmetic ones

There is a small dent in the os rear quarter
A small dent on the driver’s door
There are some paint bubbles on the driver’s door and ns front wing
Drivers & passenger’s door hinges are flaking
Driver’s seat back needs new foam but is perfectly useable.

Whilst I have taken her off road and got her muddy I have never been green laning and she still shines like a diamond in a goat’s ass when polished! I was however going to treat her to a full re spray with Simon (the Guru) this year to restore the paint to new.. I have decided not to do this and sell her as is (I’m always suspicious of freshly painted vehicles) partly to prove I’m not hiding anything! However simon has quoted to restore the vehicle to his exacting standard for a very reasonable price!
Fitted to her externally.

Winch 13000 lbs line pull with dyneema rope & two remotes
Heavy duty winch bumper (I do have the original bumper and its included should you wish to remove the winch)
Stainless A bar with LED light bar (super bright and better than spotlights)
Headlight guards (fitted front and rear)
LED spot lamps fitted to top of roll bar, again super super bright
LED reversing lights / work lights
There is also a CB aerial mount / clamp that can be removed if not required.
BF Goodrich AT Ko’s spare is new never fitted, fronts are 4 months old, rears are a third worn but will last a couple of years..

Mechanical upgrades.

Full Poly bush suspension kit
Prinz multipoint LPG system with two 35l torpedo tanks fitted externally (under foot plates)
Overfinch quick steering rack
Upgraded cross drilled discs & heavy duty pads

Engine Upgrades

Mark Adams Chip
Magnicor blue HT leads
RPI stage two heads with three angle valve seats & oversize valves
Piper Bp270 cam kit inc Vernier pulley
Headman tubular manifolds
Headman de cat pipes
Custom 1 silencer stainless steel exhaust

All of the engine work was carried out by RPI and receipts are provided. £3.5k
History

I have a file a good 3 inches thick with all of the history & invoices pretty much from year dot with the vehicle together with MOT’s and tax discs!

Recent work completed

Within the last six months:-
New O/E radiator
New wheel bearing kits front & back
LPG system service and tune
Front discs and pads
Minor service.

This is one of the nicest land rovers I’ve driven let alone owned, the RPI stage 2 engine work has transformed the drive, added bags of power and turned it into a really capable vehicle that puts a huge smile on your face every time you plant the throttle!

The one thing that has amazed me is how fast prices for landies in general are rising, let alone the 50th .. I have described it in detail and know that it’s in better than average condition even if I have been critical!
I am looking for £18450 which if the prices keep going the way they are I will be kicking myself for in 12 months!

The landie is in Maidstone Kent and can be viewed by appointment, I do have interest on other forums and offline so I’m sure she won’t be with me for long and I simply won’t entertain tyre kickers.

07767 204 888
Jim

ex owner GB165
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought long and hard ive decided to let simon loose on her and go for a full resto .. Expect to see GB 165 surface in July looking spanking!!

ex owner GB165
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: