www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB143 asking £44,950 :o
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Whitaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: GB143 asking £44,950 :o Reply with quote

On ebay, any one shed any light on it, very high price tag, molested vehicle!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-50th-ANNIVERSARY-V8-Automatic-and-SUPERCHARGED-/121579437998?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:GB:3160

Simon

50th #149 - G8 MUD
Series 1 rag top - 1958
Rebel Replica Series 1
Discovery Sport HSE
Freelander Mk1 3 door
TimRS4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An “interesting” history... if it’s all true.

£45K Shocked .... f- off
100inch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how the radiator hose rubs on the expansion tank Rolling Eyes Talking different colours. Has anyone ever seen the yellow 50th proto which appeared at Eastnor during the 50th celebrations? Rumors said Nick Rogers was driving it. m
Crocs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim

It's a bargain!

It was on sale a year ago at £49950. Bet you're glad you didn't buy it then!

Robert
TimRS4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crocs wrote:
Tim

It's a bargain!

It was on sale a year ago at £49950. Bet you're glad you didn't buy it then!

Robert

Jeez Wink
Adrian4130

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that engine bay is a mess, expansion tank dangling off the cowl - running lpg with a super charger ?
The interior is horrific, why do people like quilted leather on everything looks like a 70's pimp wagon?
offer 10-15k spend 10k returning it to something looking like a straight forward 50th

ex owner of (GB115)

1994 90 Pickup (factory fitted VCool

My trucks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/actionman4130/sets/72157614312680430/
Crocs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100inch wrote:
Love how the radiator hose rubs on the expansion tank Rolling Eyes Talking different colours. Has anyone ever seen the yellow 50th proto which appeared at Eastnor during the 50th celebrations? Rumors said Nick Rogers was driving it. m

Saw it at L2B 2014

Robert
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So land rover fitted a new engine without binning the supercharger?
Can't see the point of it.
Rather put in a big valve 4.6 and port everything.
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did overfinch supercharge rover v8s?
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall ever seeing a supercharge done by overfinch, I thought ey just did the 4.6 or 5.7 upgrade. Does not look a great conversion, I guess he has documention to show overfinch did it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

must be phenomenal amount of boost or plucking numbers out if the sky.
Captainbeaky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the lpg switches back to petrol at large throttle openings.
While most lpg evaporators will quote BHP figures, they can't deliver the flow when the engine is under boost.

I've had several big hairy turbo Saabs on lpg, and even a "350bhp" evaporator struggles at 250bhp with only 14psi boost.

The best compromise is to get the lpg to change over at full throttle, to give max power on petrol ( because lpg will always result in a drop in power, because the lpg takes up more space in the cylinder charge than petrol).

I've done this on a number of conversions and it works well - lpg at up to 90% throttle, and switch to petrol when you feel the need for speed at full throttle ( kick down on autos) then switching back to lpg when you have calmed down a bit and cruise. Very effective.

The LPG install doesn't look too horrendous, it's a pity the pipes loop around so much - I'm sure this could have been done more neatly.

This vehicle interior is a bit of a mess. Sometimes, good taste and lots of cash are mutually exclusive! The interior is quite dreadful.

Like so many modern cars - the interior is BlacK on black. Oh dear...

I did briefly consider going the "leather everywhere" route in mine - don't panic - after seeing this one, I'm convinced not to! Although I do fancy grey leather seat covers from exmoor to replace the tatty stained LR fabric on mine - much easier to clean when you have a dog!

A lot of money for a mucked about 50th.

2013 Honda NC700X
2005 Honda XR250R
2007 Smart ForTwo Turbo.
2010 VW Transporter camper.
F4B LR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: It's my Defender F4B LR Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I was a member before, however I could not remember my past login details so I applied to join again.

I decided to keep the defender as the prices were rising considerably. One buyer turned up with cash just short of the asking price, however I would not budge on the price as she is a beautiful defender to drive and own, plus I kind of love her lol.

The LPG system is a multi jet/point gas delivery system, which will always push a small amount of petrol to keep the engine running smoothly And lubricated. As I understand from the original owner pushing more petroleum when the car demands more fuel at high speeds. The LPG 5 tank system cost the owner over 6k, he was not the kind of owner to take short cuts, being a multi millionaire, his car collection was amazing, which reflected in his refinements and upkeep to this classic 50Th.

Total suspension, braking and steering systems has also been fully upgraded from the standard 50th to allow for a far better driving experience, handling and safety on roads. New top of the range shocks, springs, nylon bushes and all balanced. Upgraded brakes all round to compensate from the added weight from the LPG system and upgrades, plus to aid the additional BHP produced from the Eaton supercharger.

As I understand it from the original owner only two 50th were painted differently from showroom, this 50th Land Rover sprayed LR metallic green and one black defender 50th ordered by Louis Viton with black on black leather interior. I know the purist won't like the fact it's not the standard Atlantis blue colour, however the LR metallic green paint and deep quilted full leather interior, new seats and roof lining still looks amazing and was fitted at a cost of over 10k.

It's just had its third MOT in my ownership, flying through again only requiring a bulb and new upgraded battery. The inspectors on all occasions cannot believed its nearly 20 years old, inside and out and all have remarked on the excellent condition, no rust, nothing wrong mechanicaly.

If there is another memeber living in Northamptonshire or nearby please contact me , I would like to meet up and compare the road handling and condition of each.

When is L2B, I understand GB143 from one thread has been on the rally before and I would like to do L2B next year.
PARBS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I missed this post last year, there was me thinking mine was the only supercharged 50th anniversary.
Mine also has a Eaton 190 supercharger bolted to a modified inlet manifold and is also capable of 0-60 in 6 seconds and develops 300 bhp, small world isn't it.
I live in Cambridgeshire, it would be interesting meet up and compare notes maybe in the spring when the roads are a bit cleaner.

I am thinking of putting mine up for sale in the spring as I don't have time for it now its only done 200 miles in the last 2 years.

Steve
1990 110 3.5 V8
Ex MEB 130 Quadtech
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else called Steve with a supercharged 50th want to step forward?
I forgot about this one, would be cool to get them together!

Steve Parbs, thank you for the Christmas card!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: