www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50th Magazine Articles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: 50th Magazine Articles Reply with quote

I am after any magzine articles (LR World, LR International etc) when the 50th was launched.

Does anyone know which "back issues" printed such?

Richard Very Happy
romadog2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to your question should be sit down and flick through old mags like i did after buying mine .....and remembered reading the article where it said that the standard off the forecourt model was gutless for a v8 - if only i'd known then that i'd own one in the future.Otherwise if you arent as sad as me and dont have the complete back catalogue of LRO then here are some that i have found(having just had another flick through !! ) which are of the 50th and some related pieces of possible interest.

LRO March 1998 pg76 NAS 90 article
" Issue 6 1998 50 years special edition(came with different cover pics- one of 50th Defender- no i havent got it) pg 17
July(issue 8)1998 Special V8 90 article not 50th but interesting
January 1999 Pg90 Best article ive found even though the vehicle was said to be disappointing...then go to pg 96

Dont think there was much else until Land Rover World article with James' pride and joy October 2005

Hope this helps
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I will have a look throug my colection tomoro night and see what i got, i think there is one more that features GB 005.

Best regards

James
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Romadog and James - thanks.

Richard
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ok, Sorted throught my collection and found it, was in the wrong box. Its in Feb 99 Car magazine. It features GB 005 and its testing it and a Jepp and comparing them.

Also there is a half page bit on the Defender 50th in July 2000 LROi.

Anyone else know of any more?

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: