www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headlight towing height adjustment switch thingy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Headlight towing height adjustment switch thingy Reply with quote

Has anyone had to repair or replace the headlight towing height adjustment switch? Does the light still work on the one you have?

I've taken mine apart to see if there was a bulb to replace and found one soldered on to the circuit board, will try and replace with a green LED but think it might be worth looking for a new switch.

Might check to see if the adjusters actually still work while I'm at it. May as well add to the fun while I've got the gear selector bulbs to renew as well
. Shocked

dave
Bill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I took mine to pieces a while back and it had 2 led's inside. Trouble was they were set so far back into the switch they hardly illuminated anything. Ended up putting new led's in and moving then to the front by the legend.
DaveT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, think I'm going to try something similar, mine has 1 bulb, it looks like an LED but when you shine a torch through it the element inside looks more like a normal incandescent bulb, that's blown.

Time to break out the soldering iron....

Cheers
Dave
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for your info, don't think that the levelling switch in a Disco 1 is the same.....it isn't. It is laid out the opposite way, hence different part number Wink
I thought that I was being clever having come across a s/h one, but ended up wishing I'd just ordered the correct one instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: