www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HID H4 for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: HID H4 for sale Reply with quote

hi
one set of fully working HID lights for your landy.
only 35 watts each but well over 5 times brighter than any xenon or halogen light you can buy
take my word for it i had 100 / 130 watt halogens H4 in my landy and replacede them with these and there painfully bright.
4700k very blue to start with after a minute or so they turn brilliant white.
make sure you have metal bowls not plastic one...they melt them!
they have there own starters that fire the lights at 23k volts each!
yes 23,000 volts! thats how they can produce so much light.
the bulbs are very expensive but last for ages thank god.
they tap straight into your exsisting wiring loom but will require a separate feed to drive them.
designed for the H4 standard 7 inch round head lights.
legal position......
just to let you all know they are only legal (if your a responsible person, which rules me out to start wth!)
you are susposed to have self levelers on your light and light washes of some description.
in reality i only had the self levelers and no washers and it past the MOT but the options upto you.

fact in billiant sun full on you can still see the beam on you hand 6 foot away with no problems what so ever!
you can also feel the heat of the light at that distance too, hence you must have metal bowls.

right these things will go very quick so first come first served, as is usual for me.
if you try to find any on ebay etc you will expect to pay well over 200 quid just to get hold of any what so ever.
i have built some special brackets in ally for the landy 90 / 110.
might seem daft but most people forget to give proper cooling to the inverters and cook them.
me i thoght about this hence the bracket which take 10 mins to fit and will require two hole to be drill in the front panel next to tyou exsisting light on the front of your motor, these will get covered by the plastics covers when refitted. if you dont have the covers you will have to mount the brackets else where to avoid the two holes required on each side.

all the loom is provided, two inverters two brackets, and two 4700k bulbs.

150 quid.

cheers chris

if you want more ideas on these things check on ebay just type in HID lights....theres loads and loads but nothing as cheap as this!
Ads90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
Yes - I'm interested - nearly all my night driving is away from street-lighting in the middle of nowhere and I find it tiring with the standard lamps.
You said you have self-levelling - by this I assume you mean with you air-sus, not self-levelling on the lights themselves?
I'll take them off your hands, will give you a call next week if that's ok - I've got to go and get p****d now, so will speak to you about the lamps & the JVC unit day after tom.
Happy New Year! Very Happy
Ads.
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine not a worry.
and as to the levelers i have both on my car but the levelers are staying on the motor and not for sale.
but in saying that you wont need them just set them up slightly low! they are bloo*y bright...i can asure you.
so for MOT purposes just remove the bulbs if you have to and put the standard ones back in for what time it takes.
talk soon
Chris
Ads90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have sent you pm Chris.
Yes, I suppose I can wind them down on the adjusters - I tend to do this when I'm town driving anyway, then wind them back up in the sticks...
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys they have gone to ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: