www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

093 for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: 093 for sale Reply with quote

Hi guys yes 093 is officially up for sale.
For those who missed it 093 won hands down this year at all the show.
13 inch air lift system which is fully remote controlled.
modified bearmach roof rack with side lights.
Blue tubes inside matching the one and only 2002 dash with a fully blued set up. all clocks and stwiches too are blued.
47k on the clock a bar with loads of light to say the least including the HID lamps and four roof lights.
polished chequer plate and engine bay.
lights galore.
Quad exhaust system in stainless decatted, engine LPG with twin underslung tanks on the best multi point system money can buy.
Second owner with more bills and reciepts than you can image.
All mot chits, tax disc 50th origonal pamphlets and manuals to include full maintenance and wiring plus optional extras for 1998 50th edition vehicles.
Loads of other stuff too.
Usual 50th refinements plus a little more to make this car a show winner.
Best offer over 15k secures.
Ring Me on 07764 683388
Cheers Chris
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i forgot all the external LED lights and wheel spacers and racing brakes and...
theres so much
just ring me.
Cheers 093 Chris
Simon Whitaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris
Sorry to hear that you are selling #93 - especially after all the work you have done on her - but I suppose needs must. Hope you are going to stay with LR marque - any ideas what next ? Good luck and best wishes for the New Year.

Cheers
Simon
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes im staying with the mark
Freelander this time....
Should be interesting, nothing sadly as special as the 50th but life and job control the motor from now on.
Freelander SE TD4....Diesel..i must be mad.
Ar well you now how it is.
For those who might be interested there will be a bargin of a 50th going at Gordon Lambs in Chesterfield in Jan 06...
It would be a shame to not see her again...
Yes as to the mark i am still doing the Landrover shows but sadly not at the same level as i used too.
Im leaving it to you all to support the 50th club, you will find this year at billing a 50th stand, i have sorted it out for you all so if there doesnt seem to be one when you get there kick up a fuss and get them to sort one out for you all.
I will have to get the info together for you all and post the wiring since i have no worries about been out done now too.
I all else fails i will keep poping in from time to time to see how you are all doing and try to answer some of your more technical questions about the 50th's.
All the best for the New Year by the way....
Saddly my last with M1 5OTH...
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear its going chris, i know how much time you have spend on it, great shame.

Is it going part ex if you dont find a buyer?

I have emailed you regarding the show stand,

Best regards

James
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ads90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are having to sell Chris - and thanks for all your helpful advice...

Wish I could make you a sensible offer (would love air suspension & a sorted dash, lower miles, sorted engine etc. etc.) but struggling to keep up with spends on mine just to keep it as it is!

Hope you get what you want for it, and that the Freelander works out well... Did they not do a 50th Freelander? In that way you would have something to put your plate on....?

Ads.
Allan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep there was a 50th Freelander...

Nicked from Richard's webshots page.

I think thats a good looking motor...
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes there was a 50th freelander but you can pick em up for about 8k now and there very dated although do look very nice indeed...
i was after as much as i could for mine and yes i have done very well i think 15k for mine in part ex and i retain the plate, roof rack, and gps system.
lower miles and 2004 53 rewg plate.
yes im very happy TD4 SE Premium edition full leather and no leaky roof.
ehehehhehehehehe
if theres any one wanting bits for the motor which are going at the right price drop me a line i have a full dvd with 15 inch screen for sale 75 quid and 30mm wheel spacers and a load of gen manuals for the 50th...
a brand new JVC head unit which is less than a month old...looks and sounds the dogs in the 50th....all open to you guys and best offers get it. so be quick im sure that they wont last long.
oh and the plate MI 5OTH
drop us a line
Cheers
Chris093 not for much longer sadly
Simon Whitaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris
We got a Freelander Td4 HSE last December 54 plate - very pleased with it much improved over our last one 1.8 Xi on a 2000 V plate - leaked like a sieve - watch the back door - water gathers in the security hatch in the rear - "Ford" seemed to have solved the problem on the new model. I am considering the Jeremy Fearn re map apparently it changes the performance no end - about £500 I believe. I personally think the Freelander is under rated - I have outperformed many other 4x4's in Alpine conditions - just before Christmas I pulled a SWB Shogun off some rocks - it was balancing on rear end both wheels off the ground ! Only thing to watch is the IRD unit - seals and front brakes and discs - can eat them - mine got through front pads and discs in 16K - cost £198 to replace at main dealer Surprised. Good puller as well - brought a 16ft covered car trailer back from Donny the other week to Bradford - although it was empty pulled like a dream. Good luck - good choice for commuting.

Simon
Ads90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model JVC head unit is it Chris?
If it is current I can look up the specs., if not can you just tell me if it is MP3 CD RW compatable etc, an aux. input for MP3 player would be handy too... and is it blue backlit?
And how much are you looking for?
Ads90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, are the HIDs being sold with the car, or can you sell them separate?
If they are with the car, can you tell me what model you fitted, and whether you thought they were a good conversion?
(I have been thinking of doing it myself sometime).
If you can split - let me know what you would want for them?
Cheers, Ads.
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right HID's yes bloody brght and yes i could of taken them off my motor had i thought about it but the sales wolly has seen them and commented on them already and i dont think i can get them off in time.
Ansens was the make if i remember correctly, in my opinion they are very very bright, too bright in fact also highly irratating to other drivers and not just a little bit, i will be glad to be shut of them and your the second one asking about them too.
there about 200 quids worth not cheap to say the least.
you need auto levelers and washers too for mot purposes.
no there not worth it in some repects not on the defenders at least.
wiring is fun as well if your a novice you need an extra tap for the supply you cant tap of the exsisting wiring other than for a trigger.
the bulbs are a fortune too about 140 quid each.
oh and dont put them into plastic bowled headlights surrounds either you will melt them.

second question on question time is.....
what JVC unit ...it's the 811 version and yes full colour and back lite to suite you sir. so blue red green or sky blue pink aint a problem theres about 16000 colour on it and you can have any of them for anything including text styles and pict sampling, it has a full equaliser and computer backing for audio output....
basically the unit will do everything, removable front to two outputs for what you want also has separte sub output and has an excellent amp built in 50 watts a channel or something like that, it's good not shite cheap rubbish.
i also have the addon unit which allows you to tap into the cd changer input so if you had an ipod you easily connect it into that to give you three inputs.
sadly not DAB ready but you can buy the plug in unit for it and i dont think its that expensive, personnally hate the radio so not a proble to me.
i also have the box manuals and two serrounds one black and one silver the black on i spray myself to match the defender dash so you have the option.
Yes it plays MP3 and most other formats but sadly not dvd's
sounds the dogs i have to admit and the only reason for selling it is the freelander doesnt have the D type fitment for the dash it has one of those crap massive cd change things which look shite and will be ripped out as soon as i get chance.
hgehehehehehehhe
yes it will play cdr wr etc i want 200 quid for it since it's lessthan a month old.
on current prices this should save you in the region of a hundred notes or so especially with the add on oh and the two front boxes i have which i forgot to mention. ring me if you want more spec etc on 07764 683388 anytime.

right my turn on question time....
simon your freelander the leaky back door tell me more is there a way of stropping the leak or what else should i look for?
brakes i was going to change to racing ones especially for the auto box.
IRD? please explain i obviously cant see the wood for the trees at the moment...
and do you know how long the cam belts last i personnally like to change them at 30-35k are they longer or expensive to change?
i think 35 k on this one im getting so i wont be surprised if this motors in need for a major service.
any ideas or other issues you can think of would be greatly appriciated..

just a quick foot not here regarding off road driving ...
over the years i've seen some right ar*eholes with lots of money buying landrovers also one with no money who just think its great ripping up the turf thinking they can off road, sadly they do nothing but mislead them selves and give people like us a bad name.
luckily for mew i have done a lot of serious off roading and i have deducted that say 75% of the time its the driver that cant drive not the vehicle that wont do it. so the fact the girlie freelander it upto it is also rubbish. yes the landy is more capable but i dont know many who actually can say the got to the point where the car wouldnt do it and mean it.

bet that puts the cat amonst the pigeons....
hehehehehehehehe
all thebest chris093
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right HID's yes bloody brght and yes i could of taken them off my motor had i thought about it but the sales wolly has seen them and commented on them already and i dont think i can get them off in time.
Ansens was the make if i remember correctly, in my opinion they are very very bright, too bright in fact also highly irratating to other drivers and not just a little bit, i will be glad to be shut of them and your the second one asking about them too.
there about 200 quids worth not cheap to say the least.
you need auto levelers and washers too for mot purposes.
no there not worth it in some repects not on the defenders at least.
wiring is fun as well if your a novice you need an extra tap for the supply you cant tap of the exsisting wiring other than for a trigger.
the bulbs are a fortune too about 140 quid each.
oh and dont put them into plastic bowled headlights surrounds either you will melt them.

second question on question time is.....
what JVC unit ...it's the 811 version and yes full colour and back lite to suite you sir. so blue red green or sky blue pink aint a problem theres about 16000 colour on it and you can have any of them for anything including text styles and pict sampling, it has a full equaliser and computer backing for audio output....
basically the unit will do everything, removable front to two outputs for what you want also has separte sub output and has an excellent amp built in 50 watts a channel or something like that, it's good not shite cheap rubbish.
i also have the addon unit which allows you to tap into the cd changer input so if you had an ipod you easily connect it into that to give you three inputs.
sadly not DAB ready but you can buy the plug in unit for it and i dont think its that expensive, personnally hate the radio so not a proble to me.
i also have the box manuals and two serrounds one black and one silver the black on i spray myself to match the defender dash so you have the option.
Yes it plays MP3 and most other formats but sadly not dvd's
sounds the dogs i have to admit and the only reason for selling it is the freelander doesnt have the D type fitment for the dash it has one of those crap massive cd change things which look shite and will be ripped out as soon as i get chance.
hgehehehehehehhe
yes it will play cdr wr etc i want 200 quid for it since it's lessthan a month old.
on current prices this should save you in the region of a hundred notes or so especially with the add on oh and the two front boxes i have which i forgot to mention. ring me if you want more spec etc on 07764 683388 anytime.

right my turn on question time....
simon your freelander the leaky back door tell me more is there a way of stropping the leak or what else should i look for?
brakes i was going to change to racing ones especially for the auto box.
IRD? please explain i obviously cant see the wood for the trees at the moment...
and do you know how long the cam belts last i personnally like to change them at 30-35k are they longer or expensive to change?
i think 35 k on this one im getting so i wont be surprised if this motors in need for a major service.
any ideas or other issues you can think of would be greatly appriciated..

just a quick foot not here regarding off road driving ...
over the years i've seen some right ar*eholes with lots of money buying landrovers also one with no money who just think its great ripping up the turf thinking they can off road, sadly they do nothing but mislead them selves and give people like us a bad name.
luckily for mew i have done a lot of serious off roading and i have deducted that say 75% of the time its the driver that cant drive not the vehicle that wont do it. so the fact the girlie freelander it upto it is also rubbish. yes the landy is more capable but i dont know many who actually can say the got to the point where the car wouldnt do it and mean it.

bet that puts the cat amonst the pigeons....
hehehehehehehehe
all thebest chris093
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry my lad posted this one too...
oopps
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ads the HID
Yes i will strip them carefully off the car and sell them to you if your after some.
i have decieded to take them off.
they prolly wont know what they are any way.
i want 150 quid for them here the listing on ORRP site for you and otheres to puruse.

hi
one set of fully working HID lights for your landy.
only 35 watts each but well over 5 times brighter than any xenon or halogen light you can buy
take my word for it i had 100 / 130 watt halogens H4 in my landy and replacede them with these and there painfully bright.
4700k very blue to start with after a minute or so they turn brilliant white.
make sure you have metal bowls not plastic one...they melt them!
they have there own starters that fire the lights at 23k volts each!
yes 23,000 volts! thats how they can produce so much light.
the bulbs are very expensive but last for ages thank god.
they tap straight into your exsisting wiring loom but will require a separate feed to drive them.
designed for the H4 standard 7 inch round head lights.
legal position......
just to let you all know they are only legal (if your a responsible person, which rules me out to start wth!)
you are susposed to have self levelers on your light and light washes of some description.
in reality i only had the self levelers and no washers and it past the MOT but the options upto you.

fact in billiant sun full on you can still see the beam on you hand 6 foot away with no problems what so ever!
you can also feel the heat of the light at that distance too, hence you must have metal bowls.

right these things will go very quick so first come first served, as is usual for me.
if you try to find any on ebay etc you will expect to pay well over 200 quid just to get hold of any what so ever.
i have built some special brackets in ally for the landy 90 / 110.
might seem daft but most people forget to give proper cooling to the inverters and cook them.
me i thoght about this hence the bracket which take 10 mins to fit and will require two hole to be drill in the front panel next to tyou exsisting light on the front of your motor, these will get covered by the plastics covers when refitted. if you dont have the covers you will have to mount the brackets else where to avoid the two holes required on each side.

all the loom is provided, two inverters two brackets, and two 4700k bulbs.

150 quid.

cheers chris

if you want more ideas on these things check on ebay just type in HID lights....theres loads and loads but nothing as cheap as this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: