www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defender 'Silver' limited edition...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ads90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Defender 'Silver' limited edition... Reply with quote

Remember the Defender 'Black' limited edition? (Was it in 2002?).

Well I read in a car mag at the weekend that LR are producing a limited run of 'Silver' editions... they have a few goodies on them like A-bar & lights, black chequer, lamp guards, AC and half-leather, and they come in special metalllic paint, er.. silver I think. Wink
90, 110 CSWs and double cab format.

I don't see that they have anything on them that isn't off the extras list though...?

Tis rumoured that there will be other limited editions to come...

Made me wonder - if you could spec your own 'special edition' for LR to produce - what would it be? (Assuming you could have one!).

Or would it be exactly what you have now? Laughing
Bush Tucker Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Defender 'Silver' limited edition... Reply with quote

Ads90 wrote:
Or would it be exactly what you have now? Laughing

Definately not!!!

Ads90 wrote:

Made me wonder - if you could spec your own 'special edition' for LR to produce - what would it be? (Assuming you could have one!).

Essentially a Heritage 110CSW, in Bronze Green.
But... (basic bits
Tdi, not Td5
Galvanised chassis
GKN overdrive
5 seater only(full load-space available)
Lose the silver hinges & side-steps (proper 'normal' side-steps).
109" Stage 1 type grill & head-lamp surrounds
Recessed 12N & 12S sockets on the rear cross-member
Decent Radio/CD with 4 speakers up in the head-lining

No water ingress!!!!!!

Similar to this

Oh!, & lose the alloys. Fit some Wolf (or plain 130) rims painted body-colour, or satin black Wink
Ads90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you there on most of that, Richard...

I like the colour of the Heritage, and the white roof, but although I understand the nod at the past with the silver hinges & grille, I don't think they look quite right on the defender...
Stage 1 front? - Yeah that might work...

Now if the cappings were galvanised like they should be - then that would be fine! Then I might like the original pale LR blue (don't know what it's called) with white safari roof!

I agree alloys don't look quite right with the retro paint colours, steels would be best... or alloys with all black paint & galv cappings!

Wish they could do a special 95, or 100inch Defender, still two doors, maybe two fold-up or even quick-release removeable seats in the rear - I could just do with a bit more room in the back, but don't need a whole 110! But it might look a bit funny though...

Oh and the Jag (new Disco) turbo diesel would do nicely... Laughing
And I'd always be happy with improved interior spec!

Any other ideas?
GB090

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

their is an article in one of the LandRover mags about the limited edition silver.

they should do a 100" Defender Nas spec with a nice pop of canvas in black almost like a slightly shorter Tomb Raider with out all the silly badges on it. Keep the Grey alloys from the 50th maybe give it an inch lift with some underbody protection as standard. Safari snorkel but a limited edition type, colour coded to the matalic black. 2 seats in the back wich are easy to detach, Internal roll bars like the 50th but in black.
4.6 v8 Engine just cos i feel i dont quite use enough petrol at the moment. an electric sunroof wich slide right back + some electric windows so i could stop smashing the living daylights out of my knuckles when im trying to open the windows quickley whilst driving down the motorway.

Can you imagine how individuel LandRovers would be if they offered that service Shocked more so than they are already Shocked
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we have now is great, but not a great deal different. I'm with GB 090, a 100" would be cool, but with top spec and bling bling Laughing !

Fist it would have to be made properly so it does not corrode or rust, with stainless fixings throughout.
50th Atlantis blue
4.0l V8 chipped and geared right
galvanised chassie painted black
air suspention
polished stainless roll cage
stainless bumper, side steps and rear step
stainless hinges
full leather and thick carpets inside
3 piece billet wheels
twin exhausts
Shiny bits everywhere Laughing

Not really a real Land Rover, bit of a street machine.

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Allan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially what I have with a quick raid on the LR parts bin Very Happy

90" Wheelbase
Atlantis Blue
4.2 Supercharged V8
Free flow manifolds / exhaust / filter
6 Speed ZF Auto
Full Cage
Alloy Steering / Diff's / Tank Guards
Long range fuel tanks
Air locking diffs front and rear
Full black leather with perforated centre panels
The prototype dashboard in matching black (think it was posted on here if not i can post a pic)

I'm calling it a Defender 60th Anniversary Very Happy

now... Dear Mr Land Rover, I have an idea...
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post me a piccy too...
4.2 supercharged....hmmm
my cup of tea that one is....
romadog2004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my project has just started.
I have the galvanised chassis(110). 100" compromises 2nd row doors. TEW belonging to Nick Dimbleby was a nice 100" a bit like the Naspec 90 in lro for sale.
Also have front axle, rear arriving soon. Not keen on air suspension for this project. As far as bodywork goes i'm looking at a complete shell tomorrow ..hopefully but in gun metal grey. Should i go for this or do it in my favourite beluga black or Atlantis????? Discuss.

Powertrain 4.0 Gems V8 with 4spd auto and Borg Warner t/fer box(this will change to a gear drive one so that i can drive a hydraulic wench).
Exhaust will be hand made with tailpipe like Chris's.(Tailpipe is polished and waiting to be fitted Chris !!)
rear windows will be blanked out and full bulkhead fitted behind rear seats.Seats will be classic Range rover fronts and rear aswell if it can be done???
Comments please !
romadog2004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry i forgot..
Painting galvanised chassis black.....Stone chip??
Can i apply this straight away??
Do i need to apply that clear stuff to the galvo to dull it first???
Help please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: