www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAS THE BOTTOM FELL OUT OF THE 50TH MARKET?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooltide

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just made the defender 50th a sellers market and persuaded mrs V to keep it Laughing

I have negotiated a treaty to keep it for another 3 years!!!

1. old man emu +2" springs getting swopped over to my range rover and those awful orange ones (you know the ones) are coming off
2. standard range rover springs (still got them on my mates farm) getting fitted to 50th.
3. a nice set on comfy front seats with armrests required (sure i saw something about trakkers round here somewhere)
4. rimmer bros exhaust already ordered and due in 29th august.
5. if she's still not happy with the ride height, i've agreed to fit 245/75s

oh joy
Allan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOO HOOOO Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There is a god after all...and he drives a Defender...

Excellent news......

Where abouts in the country are you..? You would be more than welcome to have a go in my leather trakkers if you wanted to convince your wife, who incidentally has redeemed herself and shown herself to be the epitomy of good taste and common sense... now that we have reached a settlement...Very Happy

Ads90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a fairy-tale ending... ahhhhh! Laughing

Now Mrs B., how about trying a one of those small sweet tomatoes, you know - the orange ones, they really arn't that bad, and can transform a boring cheese sarnie into, well a taste sensation!
I'll let you off the chilli con carne though... Confused

Very pleased for you Mr B.
Tell us about this Rimmer Bros exhaust then - is it a straight s/s replacement for the original, i.e. less noise than an outright sports?

And let us know how you get on with the RR springs too, and if they allow it to roll or not... (don't know how much the roll is controlled by the ARBs, v. the standard springs).

Ads.
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I have broken myself free from the kitchen sink again!!! I just had to reply.

I cant remember agreeing to keep the flipping thing for 3 years!!!???? So thats what he thinks eh??

I SAID...new seats with arm rests...new exhaust, those flipping awful spotlights off the top, the roof rack off, NEW TYRES are part of the deal. He obviously doesnt think so and is trying to pull a fast one but those mud terrain thingies are dangerous for normal driving and very noisy and rumbly so I WILL have new tyres.

New springs with the new tyres should lower it abit. It has to be low enough to get onto a multi storey carpark. The nature of my job means I have to visit clients in city centres and you wouldnt believe how difficult it is to find parking without those headroom wotsits. I have already had a bit of a scrape with one (very embarrasing)

I would also like the winch bumper removed and the snorkel taken off which I dont think is possible but I will settle for all the other things.

At the moment he is walking around with a very smug smile which I am itching to wipe off!!
Watch this space!!!
Mrs BigV
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a dangerous thing that sign in automatically feature.

she's from the black country so should understand her place as laid down in the mining communities' marital charter.

Allan, we'll have to meet up and try out those seats, they do look smart.

Mrs V has been looking at exmoor's site and has decided that we must have armrests (assuming they will be compatible with the nas cubby box / transmission tunnel) I think the standard seats would be much better if they were that 1" or so inboard as in a standard defender and without the seat base reclining.

I am based in weardale, on the edge of the north pennine "area of outstanding natural beauty" and the weardale way, so it's bobblehatters gallore round here. they just love my collection of birmabrite Confused

I'm away for the next week, but i'll get in touch when i get back and make some arrangements.
Allan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem get in touch when you are free...

I live in Halifax however, we normally go green laning in the Dales every month so that would not be too far from you.

At the bottom of any of my posts are my contacts details... e-mail, msn. etc...

Look forward to seeing you... Very Happy
cooltide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, i was going to suggest a day out laning, but was worried that you may be suffering from shiny motor syndrome!!!

See you soon
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltide wrote:
just made the defender 50th a sellers market and persuaded mrs V to keep it Laughing

Whats happened here mate. Has Mrs V got her way, i see its on autotrader again.

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Allan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, dear me....

Rolling Eyes
cooltide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. a culmination of recent events i'd say.

3 return train tickets as it's impracticle to park in city centres for her work and distant journeys are increasing (as well as fuel prices!)

1 scally tying his shoe laces at the winch bumper in the train station car park

1 propshaft uj'd, halfshaft oil seal and new exhaust

1 80" ccv trialler with no carbs on because of the thing and a trial missed

so i thought i'd have another go before i take off the roof rack and lower the suspension.

mixed feelings yes, but i haven't got the time. 2 land rovers will be plenty
Ads90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking this could be the worst week for selling a V8...
(Blockade & all that) Confused
Allan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tend to agree with you there...

Probably the worst week in the history of V8 selling weeks...

Still what can you do...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a good time to buy though. just bought mine in a private sale for £9500 and it is in really good condition with no modifications or abuse.or corrosion. the problem with selling in a private deal is the scale of the value not the product itself. there are very few people who do not need to use dealer facilities for trade in or finance or warranty when spending £10-15K and actually have ready funds available. Amongst the small group there are even less who have enough taste to buy a 50 and even less who want to do so this week so selling one is difficult. if you do find a live buyer then treat them properly and you will sell your vehicle if it is realistically priced
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: