www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE DEFENDER 50th CLUB MASCOT/SPONSERED CAR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: THE DEFENDER 50th CLUB MASCOT/SPONSERED CAR Reply with quote

I would like to put forward to all club members that we sponsor the 50th anniversary show car that is in the Dunsfold collection. We have quite a few member now and lots of people enjoy the site and I hope has been of great use to people over the years. I thought as a way of giving something back sponsoring a car in the collection could be a nice idea. We may even get to have it on a club stand where possible.

The collection need help. This vehicle is just starting to corrode, and without our help it may get very bad.
The collection is know world wide and has very strong links with land rover, without it this show vehicle would have been crushed. Find out more about the collection at: http://www.dunsfoldcollection.co.uk/

So what would we do for this vehicle? Its just getting to the point where it need some help. Some of the chrome parts are starting to corrode and the body is just starting to go to. Its going to take time, but doing something each year will help, so we could aim to re-chrome the bumper this year and something else next year ... I am aiming to go give it a good polish and detail soon, so i can find out more then.

Of course it should all be done on voluntary donation.

DONATE HERE I have set up this paypal account so all fund go to one place to keep track of it.

Some info on the Dunsfold 50th Anniversary vehicle:

VEHICLE SPEC.

THIS 90 WAS BUILT TO COMMEMORATE 50 YEARS OF LAND ROVER IN 1998 AND WAS SHOWN AROUND THE WORLD AT MANY SHOWS. A NEW 90 WAS TAKEN FROM THE PRODUCTION LINE AND STRIPPED OUT. THE BULKHEAD AND CHASSIS WERE PAINTED, NEW UN-PAINTED PANELS WERE TAKEN FROM THE PRESS SHOP AND FITTED. BECAUSE THE SPOT WELDS LOOK UGLY THE SKINS WERE GLUED ON. THIS 90 WAS BUILT IN HOUSE AT LAND ROVERS

Here is what it should look like:

Here are some pics from what it now looks like:

[/url]

Last edited by defender50th on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a Donate button put on the base of each page now to advertise the Donation scheme Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
romanrob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped you a tenner.

Must admit that your before and after photos look (almost) the same to the untrained eye!

Looks like they need the A2 Stainless magic worked on those rusty screws... so that's a quick one

I did see one other LR stripped back to it's ali once - but not sure how long it stayed that way, unless it was treated. In this case did they chrome plate the panels?

GB065 - owned since 2002. Original apart from the CD player...
Formerly a 200TDi CSW, and a Marine blue SIII 2.25 Petrol
and now a Toylander S2A
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

Many thanks, you beat the rush Wink and were first to donate. Well I kicked it off with £20 so the fund now stands at £30 Smile

Your right, in the pics it looks ok, but if you see it in real life it tells a different story. All the panels have been highly polished and then lacquered. Until i get to go spend a day cleaning it I’m not sure how much it will clean up, the ali is corroding under the lacquer I think. One day it may need striping back and re-polishing.

But for now it just need some of the chrome work doing. The bumper is the worst, so this is the first goal to meat with the fund.
The other chrome bits are all the hinges and body capping’s, but these are not too bad at the moment.

I think about £200 should be enough to have the bumper done so let see if we can reach that ..............
PARBS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

I put Twenty quid in the pot as promised. Smile

Steve
1990 110 3.5 V8
Ex MEB 130 Quadtech
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve and Karen, Many thanks Very Happy So the fund now stands at £50, we are on a roll here Smile
jonned30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

Just lobbed £20 into the kitty.

Regards,
John. Very Happy
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonned30 wrote:
Hi James,

Just lobbed £20 into the kitty.

Regards,
John. Very Happy

Many thanks John Smile
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Richard, new owner of GB236, username r1chardh on here for a very kind donation of £50.

Paypal take some fees but i'm going to cover these, so the fund is now at £120

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad put in £20, so thats £140 Very Happy
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Sue GB 019 who donated £20 today Very Happy

So thats £160 now Very Happy
r1chardh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome, James. Good luck!
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Paul Bowie for his kind donation of £20 today Smile
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil, Mr GB 001 for your kind donation of £20 Smile
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bernd, i missed the email about your donation so thanks are a few days late, but many thanks for your kind donation of £25.

So the fund is now at £225

Many thanks to everyone Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: