www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB344 for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: GB344 for sale Reply with quote

I feel real bad about joining this site to post a for sale notice after owning and loving GB344 for many years, I didn't know it was here....sorry!

For Private Sale:
1998 (S) Defender 90 50th Anniversary.
4.0 V8, Automatic.
Plaque number GB344
49k Miles
Tax/MOT until Jan 2010
Located near Truro, Cornwall.
LPGA prof.Installed Sequential Gas Injection LPG system fitted in 2004 has operated faultlessly ever since. 2x40 litre tanks fitted underside. MPG is the same on petrol or LPG. Other than this, the vehicle is as originally specified I believe.
Tyres BF Goodrich All Terrain: Front Pair 30%, Rear Pair 90% (nearly new), Spare 50%.
Seat covers since new.
CD player no longer working
One owner before me.

This Land Rover has lived outside for about half it's life and is starting to show signs typical of a 10y/o Land Rover, bottom of driver door rusty inside, there is very little other rust. It has been off-road a little and has towed a trailer (for less than 2k miles).

The Rear cross member was replaced this year, quite why this should rust through when there is so little rust elsewhere is a mystery, the rest of chassis is very sound.

I believe this is a completely honest assessment of the vehicle, I am not a garage or mechanic...I do change ball-joints, bushes etc on my 300TDi but have never had to do anything to GB344 other than annual oil/filters.

I can e-mail close up pictures of any part to anyone interested.

Reading though these other ads on here I think the right asking price is 8, 000 ono. Must sell before end of June, the family no-longer fits in it so we bought a 110.

Will post pictures tomorrow assusming the sun shines (which it isn't right now).

Tim.
timbo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: GB344 Picture Reply with quote

I have e-mailed a picture to the moderator so hopefully it will be in the owners pictures section soon. I can e-mail pictures direct to anyone who PM's me.

Tim.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GB344 Picture Reply with quote

timbo wrote:
I have e-mailed a picture to the moderator so hopefully it will be in the owners pictures section soon. I can e-mail pictures direct to anyone who PM's me.

Tim.

Pic from Tim Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Duncan Attwell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tim,

I hope this gets to you as my e - mailing skills are somewhat wanting. Anyway I am interested in your Land Rover, I live in Somerset and would like to take a look please.

My contact details are:

e-mail: duncan@merlintimberframe.co.uk
Mob: 07826 164 041
Office 01823 490 700

I look forward to hearing from you.

Duncan
timbo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duncan, I have left a message on your phone, hope to speak to you soon,

Regards,

Tim.
timbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: GB344 SOLD! Reply with quote

GB344 sold (because of this site, thanks) today.

The new owner is planning to restore her to original standard and specification.

Having sold a V8/auto/aircon comfy machine I am now looking for a Series 3....must be some kind of masochist!

Take care all,

Tim.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GB344 SOLD! Reply with quote

timbo wrote:
GB344 sold (because of this site, thanks) today.

I should start charging for this Laughing Laughing

Good luck with the series 3 search Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
s90wow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: sERIES 3 Reply with quote

I own number 14 50th (which I aim to keep) and has covered 35000 miles.I have for sale a brown factory station wagon that I have owned and maintained for 7 years.It is 1981 new rear cross member and comes with a full set of hoops and canvas as well as tailgate any interest let me know.I am in North London.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: