www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left Hand Drive 50th ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkwright

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Left Hand Drive 50th ? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just found what appears to be the Euro LHD equivalent of the 50th, same colour, age & spec but no chequer plate cladding. Does anyone out there know how many were built I tried gaydon & LR direct but they couldn't help me.

I'm off to look at it tomorrow the asking price is just under 20k euros(13700 GBP) & it's done 90k kms (60k miles).

I'd really appreciate any pointers about what I need to look out for as I know I'm going to have a lingo problem so I won't be able to "grill" the owner.

Thanks
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

What country is it located? There were many euro Defender 50ths made, around 50 in france, 180 Germany and 100 Belgum, posibally other countrys too.

A french 50th site of interest:
http://panda-rouge.chez.tiscali.fr/v8main.htm

A picture of a German one:
http://defender50th.co.uk/images2/d%20180.bmp

As you can see the spec is different to the british ones, no chequer plate, different side steps, no alloy window winders.

On the numbers plaque the letters before the number will tell you the country normanly.

Would be interested to know more info,

Best regards

James
GB 002[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arkwright

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks James, it's in Germany, so what problems should I be on the look out for ?
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Not a mecanic but just look at general condition and feel how it drives. A service history is a real big plus . Just do the normal checkes and your soon know if its a good one.

Seem the right price, the same as a English one with the same miles.

The plaque will have the leter D then the number.

Let us know what plaque number it is

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Allan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

I came across the French site a little while ago.

Katy II is on it at the bottom in her rather embarassing 'hairdressers' trim (Headlamp protectors, coachlines, Safari spots) eugh makes me cringe...

I did however nick the V8 picture for my website. Really must update that sometime...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: