www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vehicle Dimensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Vehicle Dimensions Reply with quote

Can somone confirm the height and width of a Defender 50th - I have looked at the Land Rover website for TD5 CSW dimensions, but am not 100% sure they are the same.

My garage width is 81" and height (just) is 81" - would it fit Question

Thank you Smile
Ads90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just measured mine - it stands about 78'' above the rear axle, and is about 77'' accross wing mirrors.
Mine has standard springs (with 7 years of sag) - remember that newer springs or extended/lowered springs may mean that others vary...
Also the ground mine is parked on is uneven, so measuring accurately is difficult - but it looks like you should be ok! Smile
Ads.
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Very Happy

Ads - thanks for that.

It will be very tight fit - I think I need to "borrow" a 50th and see if it fits Smile
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The dimensions in the handbook are:

Length: 160.5 in
Width: 70.5 in
Hight: 80.2 in !!!!!!! You be cutting it close but should fit Smile

We had to fit an electric roller shutter to fit mine in the garage, good excuse for a new toy Smile

Best regards

James
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ads90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Height 80.2'' you say James?

I wonder if that means mine has sagged by 2'' - or if I just didn't get an accurate measurement...?

I would be interested to know what other owners (with standard springs) manage to measure...
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad's, 80.2 is what it says in the owners handbook. maybe you might get closer to that on a nice level bit of tarmac.

Would be surprised if its sagged by 2", would be interesting to see how much it has sagged.

Mine mesures 76" high but i'm on smaller 255/65 tires.

Best regards

james
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James - I may have to go for the lower profile tyres to ensure a safe fit - or rather it will go in but not come out (as it were).

Seen 3 x 50ths for sale in new Land Rover International Magazine (November 2005) Smile
Ads90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes - forgot about tyres!
Speaking of which mine are quite well worn BFG ATs - I bet they are worn by about half an inch all round - that would account for an inch on the height... Rolling Eyes EDIT : No it wouldn't - 1/2 inch stupid!

I'll measure again when I next see tarmac!

So there's your solution, Scruffy-Bear... if it's just too tight, change the tyres - or let some air out. Wink

Last edited by Ads90 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scruffy-Bear wrote:
Thanks James - I may have to go for the lower profile tyres to ensure a safe fit - or rather it will go in but not come out (as it were).

If you do look at smaller tyres look into how it will efect the ratio's. Mine has the smaller tyres as it has a Range Rover borge warner transfer box so uses the range rover sized tyres.

Another option is -1 inch springs at 75 quid a set.

Best regards

James
GB 002
Allan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your looking at this the wrong way around...

Get a bigger bloody garage... Laughing
Scruffy-Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan - great idea - I let the wife know you were the one that suggested it Very Happy
Allan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I already seem to be quite popular with various members other halves.... NOT Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: