www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100,000 Miler on eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: 100,000 Miler on eBay Reply with quote

eBay

A few holes in the centre console though.
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me that when looking at the 'side view' pic that the rear wheel is ok and the vehicle is on a slope or something cos something dont look right ?!! Confused Sad
Allan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - NSR is on a kerb about 4" high meaning the rear beam isn't sat level so OSR camber looks odd.
levitation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Is the colour exactly right on that one?
Allan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Atlantis Blue to me...

It can be very deceptive depending on lighting as it can look anything from blue to green.
levitation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it sure can be a deceptive colour, this one just looked a bit dull and slightly darker. Could be a trick of the light.
Automan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: 100,000 miler on ebay. Reply with quote

Had a look at this one today. 100,000 miles is acceptable for the age, but would say that this one is 'well' used. Paint finish is far from original, hardly any leather left on the shifter knob, no wonder the steering wheel has been changed. Too many things 'not right' if you know what I mean. Walked away. Heartbreakin on a Defender so special and rare! Sad
What puddle?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automan, would it cost too much to put right? £8,000 ain't bad.

Barry
Automan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: 100,000 miler on ebay. Reply with quote

£8k ain't bad for a 50th but spending another £2k wont make it anywhere near as good as the one on autotrader for £10k. Depends what you can put up with... Smile
What puddle?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was looking for one, I was looking to get the best I could for around £10,000. But I think if I were looking now, I would be tempted by a low-price one - knowing that I could always spend to spruce it. Though I would want to pay sub £8,000. I appreciate what you're saying though. I couldn't put up with it being ragged - and would have to spend straight away to put it all right! It seems you've got to spend £10,000 for a decent one - and even then be careful. Don't dive in - they are always coming up if you're patient.
Automan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: 100,000 Miler on ebay. Reply with quote

I agree, patience is the answer! All the vehicles we have bought over the years were always found after searching for the one that looks and feels 'right'. Our family and freinds thought we were mad for travelling the country looking at cars and landies. But we haven't bought a duff one yet....

We will keep looking Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: