www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

James in 'LRW'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bush Tucker Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: James in 'LRW' Reply with quote

It came through the letter-box this morning, nice piece & nice motors, I've been at work this afternoon, so didn't get the chance to read it properly.
Will do so later

I really fancy the Heritage, but would prefer the 110
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the LR world mag is out. The feature looks great and the website got a good mention.
Sure everyone will spot the mistake of they mixed the wheel shots up.
Even my custom pedals got a mention although the pic is not great with them in (still have some set available, will let them go for £85 a set of 3)

Here are some pics of the mag, but you should buy a copy !

Cover:

Contents Page:

2 page spread

Last pages

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marksranson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: LRW Photoshoot Reply with quote

This issue of Land Rover World is excellent, the pictures and articles relating to the Defender 50th really do it justice and James is right you should go out and buy a copy. However if you want a copy I’d get one quick as James is buying out them out in bulk – eight at the LRO show and it would not surprise me if he buys more later on. The Eastnor photo shoot was an experience; I went along as navigator and what a day it was. We spent hours with some real characters. The Heritage owner Una was a riot extremely funny and dry witted, the LRW crew where a great bunch and even provided lunch. Then there was the Hillbillies – remember the T.V show? Well replace their old truck with a Tomb Raider and you have a 20th century example. Anyway give them there dues they where game for some off-roading. Una had the Art Editor drive her Heritage and James well he braved it on his own so to speak. Never have I seen James so apprehensive as we followed the LRW team up to the obelisk by Eastnor Castle. The 50th was chosen as lead car for the pictures and as we climbed higher the track became less even and more rutted. Despite being heavily in the grips of hay fever I was made to hang out my window to keep an eye on the sidesteps. It worked we got to the top with only a few suspect spots of mud under the wheel arches (these where cleaned off as soon as we got to the campsite). So there you have it the photos that you see of me and James in the 50th that appear in LRW took hours of waiting around and nail biting tension as we drove off road (a couple of ruts on a dirt track) with some interesting characters. It was all worth it and they do look good and best of all I am on the front cover and if you look hard enough you can even see all our camping gear stowed in the back and the porta loos of the show. It was a fun day and I recommend you buy or at least read the article it is very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: