www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Club stand 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which show
LRO show, Malvern
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LRe Show, Billing
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
LRW show, Eastnor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Club stand 2006 Reply with quote

Ok,

If we had a 2006 club stand which show would you prefer?

Also we would need to know a number of people who would come with there vehicle and put it on the stand so please post a reply if you would hope to attend.

The main options are:

LRe Show, Billing, Northampton
Big show, good site facilities. I have some security concerns as it is on a static caravan site and is know for things being stolen.

The LRO show, Malvern:
The bigest show, just moved to a new site this year, i'm going so will see what its like

LRW show, Eastnor
Quite a small show with not many clubs atending
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ads90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I can vote yet, as I've only been to Eastnor (& Gaydon)...

I really liked Eastnor - (I thought that was big!), great setting, beautiful drive to get there, pig roast, steam engines (sometimes you need a break from LR overload!)... But I went for the day, so can't comment on overnight facilities either...

Hoping to go to the Malvern show, so then at least I can compare two on the list.

Generally though, I am likely to be a last-minute, spur of the moment day-tripper, (self-employment dictates) so will be bias to the closest anyway - so should I have a half-vote? Confused Smile

Thanks James,
Adam.
Sam&David

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

We're going to try and get to the LRO show next month so we'll cast our vote after that. I love the Billing show but I know what you mean about the security aspect.

Sam
Dominic Blyth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: 50th Anniversary Show Stand Reply with quote

Hi James

New member, just joined having met up with some of the others at Billing who gave us the website address. We are on the end of the line up in the photos which have just been posted.

Have been going to Billing for many years now and think it would be great to have a stand there in 2006. Haven't much experience of the other shows, but intend to try and get to at least one more this year.

Like Sam and Adam not quite sure which would be the best show yet, but definitely think we should have a stand at one of them and would make sure that we attended.

All the best

Dominic & Jane
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's ok with you i'll stick with billing.
been to the others at various times and not all for landrover, trouble is for me there quiet a way away. Also work commitments don't normally allow me to get.
i struggle to get to billing most years and have been fortunate to make all 14 of them.
Sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: