www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Billing 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romadog2004

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Billing 2006 Reply with quote

Congratulations to Chris for his efforts in getting us into the arena at the show today. He won a trophy- more BLING !!!

His truck is definately interesting-i wonder how many people now think that all 50ths can go up,down and side to side ?!!

Roll on Billing next year. James and everyone else that couldnt make it book it in your diary now .We must be there in force next year.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jeremy,

I did make it just for the day Smile

Was nice to look around Chris's 50th, shame he was not there to speak to.
I did see you 50th Jeremy parked in the show ground but didnt see you either.

I think next year we will have to get a stand at a show.

best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bling Bling Chav Chav!!!!
it's only me again.
Hi one and all.
right some news for Blilling 2006.
just sent a post or six in fact off to various people in the know about getting a stand for the 50th's.
David Bowyer passed the contacts on to me and i have on behalf of all you lot tried to get us a stand.
i have asked for the plot H9 for those of you still having a booklet.
i will keep pestering them all the time till we get a stand.
And next year all you spinless buggers who could be bothered to get your finger out of your arse and get there will be in for some right stick unless you can come up with some plausable excuse which may even be put to the vote by the other members on wheather or not you will get out of not turning up next year!!!!!!!
Smile
so thats it really i want as many as possible and if there is enough of you willing to come to other show do so it's been bloody marvelous to meet and talk to you instead of just typing some crap on here!
nice to see the one that went for sale has gone to a good new member to be how has already got so many plans it's unreal.
he alrready has a roof rack and he only owned it for a mater of hours!!!
congrates to the gent concerned.
thanks fr all those who did and those who didn't better come up with a good excuse soon (James.....)
ttfn
Chris Chav Chav Bling Bling...yeh ok if thats what it takes.
Sam&David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I've sent some photos of the 50th line up to James.

It was great to meet up with people, can't wait for next year!

Sam & David
(GB 355 Black)

P.S. Chris, how much did you want for that air filter?
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you name it it's yours hows that theres the origonal air box which is mint and the replacement air filter too.
did you want the Cats on the down pipes you can have em for 75 quid hows that for a mega deal.
there mint too needless to say.
give us a bell 07764 683388.
Cheers Chris.
Sorry guys will be a few days before piccys done but im sure they will be posted as soon as poss.
ttfn
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos Reply with quote

Sam&David wrote:

Just to let you know I've sent some photos of the 50th line up to James

Thanks for the photos. I have posted them in the photos section of the forum
Shame i was not around when you did them.

best regards

james
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marksranson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Billing 2006 Reply with quote

Dear Cyscrofer

I am confused - what gives you the right to slander the members of this group just because we were unable to attend Billing 2005. There are many Land Rover shows each year and each of us may have our own individual reasons as to which show we attend. These reasons could include cost, location, time and commitment and I am sure that other members who have read your post have their own personal reasons.

50th Anniversary Land Rovers are fantastic and we each have our own personall reasons for owning them. I find it both rude and upsetting that you have taken it upon yourself to lecture us when quite clearly you are nothing more than a member of this forum. This site was set up as a point of information and meeting point for other 50th owners by James and surely it is up to him to take it forward with reference of setting up a club stand. No doubt you thought you were assisting him with asking about stands at the Billing show, but I do find your manner quite rude and forward. As a club member and a personal friend of James I feel that he would rather consult with the memebers of this group before making any decissions as to which show to attend and when.

Well that’s all I have to say on the matter, however I wish to congratulate you on getting a trophy for your 50th Anniversary at this show.

Yours Mark
Cyscrofer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is get on with it.!!!
am trying my best for the group, it really pisses me off when some say they will turn up and then cant be bothered....
not for any real reason either, i realise people have other commitment just like me, i cant always turn up to all the shows i have a very ill wife and a two year old to look after and just to add too it nobody to turn too!
my families gone or died so if i can can make one day in the year im sure others can too!
thanks for the congrats bit it took a lot of bloody hard work getting the motor right and im still working on it. managed to get a model of the 90 in 32nd scale, no it's repainted and has lights, im sure you all will try your very best next year to get together at billing or any of the other main shows.
oh and yes im very up front, sorry ORRP site teaches you a thing or too, not all good. it seems that this site is a litle more squeeky than theres.
but hey at least im real and own one, and my hearts in the right place.

for ref. just been told theres some room in the club stand area for 2006 billing so im pushing like hell to get us a place.
if you think it's not worth it let me know and ill save myself a load of bother.
ttfn
GB001

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be an excellent idea to have a stand for the 50th vehicles.

and imho, active forum members are to be encouraged, it gives me something to read at work. Cool . However, it can be quite hard to convey the sentiment in written messages.
marksranson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Billing 2006 Reply with quote

Dear Cyscrofer

Thanks for your reply and I sympathise with your family predicament. I have never doubted that you have tried to keep the groups best interests at heart; I just felt the tone of your last message was just a bit over the top. Having someone as passionate as yourself in the forum is a good thing and I assure you that your not alone in your passion. Well I look forward to our further correspondence and hopefully meeting you at a show in the near future. James and I are checking out the Land Rover Owner Show in August and hopefully we will see you and some other members there.

Take Care all.

Mark
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris,

Well its like Rich (GB001) says “it can be quite hard to convey the sentiment in written message”. And I feel some forum members have taken what you said the wrong way, as I have had several people contact me and comment that your post was in-appropriate for the forum.

I found the line “And next year all you spineless buggers who could be bothered to get your finger out of your arse and get there will be in for some right stick unless you can come up with some plausible excuse” the one that properly caused the most offence. I understand it may have been meant in a joking manner however I can also understand how it could cause some people offence.

It is good that you want to help organise a club stand and I do appreciate your help, however I would have preferred it if you spoke with me and the other members first. I am as you know planning to sort out a club stand, but wanted to check out all the shows first. And then ask the rest of the members their opinions before going ahead and booking anything.

I have worked hard forming this club, putting a lot of time, effort and money in and I would have really appreciate it if you had spoke with me before asking about the stand at Billing 2006. I am thankful for your persistence with those who organise this show, but will need to ask the other members what show they would prefer us to have our first club stand at. I will therefore set up a new topic asking everyone which show they would prefer.

Well I am sorry I had to write to you regarding your message. If in future when posting you can just re-check your messages to ensure that we don’t upset the members.

Congratulations on the trophy, i can see how much time, effort and love has gone into your 50th.

Thanks

James.
GB 002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: