www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB366

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilmore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: GB366 Reply with quote

https://moto-drome.com/about-motodrome/current-stock/land-rovers-our-speciality/1998-defender-90-50th-anniversary-4-0v8-auto-39995/

Anyone know this one?
Rob
Honda CRF250X Trail Bike
Husqvarna FE350 Enduro
Honda CB750K4 - 1974
Honda CB750K5 - 1975
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes)
minibograt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for £ 10k ish in 2012

Audi SQ5 3.0 V6 twin turbo
Def 110 TDCi Puma HiCap Pickup (2009 9.7k miles from new)
Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara
VW Scirocco GT TSi 210
NAS90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know that 50th but it looks like it's a nice, restored one in the pictures, description doesn't say if it is on an original chassis or a replacement.

What it sold for pre restoration is largely irrelevant, as long as mileage is genuine and it's not on the insurance database then following a restoration past history becomes less relevant to its current value. Given that the asking price of this one is at the very top end of what is likely to be a contracting market at present you'd expect it to have had a new chassis, new doors, cappings, etc. and the bulkhead treated for inevitable rust, along with a full engine/ transmission strip & rebuild so you are buying a 50th that is pretty much as new.

Assuming it has had a comprehensive restoration I would think it represents fair value; you'd struggle to find a 50th that's done less than 100,000 miles today for under £20,000, a comprehensive restoration with a chassis replacement will be in the region of £15,000 and will take several months to do. Having said that the used car market is quiet just now so I would imagine if this one is the 50th for you and you are ready to buy now then you'd be in a good position to negotiate a decent deal with the dealer.
V8GPC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does look nice and clean, and has all of the original fixtures (winders, alloy transfer knob, radio cassette, side steps etc.)

I don't think the chassis is new as in the pictures it looks to be coated in Dinitrol or something similar as its quite thick. (no issues with that - mine has had the same treatment - and protects an older chassis)

If it were a new chassis and was mine; it would be galvanised then painted black. I'd treat the inside but not coat the outside so you could keep your eye of things easier.

Others 50ths that have sold over the past couple of years that have had similar restorations have sold for similar. £40K-£45K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: