www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air cleaner bracket PHU102790

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Air cleaner bracket PHU102790 Reply with quote

I'm attempting to duplicate the air cleaner bracket for an EFI conversion I am doing but I am finding very little information on the net about this part. I've been able to make a rough draft copy based on the low resolution image on britcar (http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/127180/5497/obsolete____do_not_order) and the relative position of the air cleaner to other bulkhead features in engine bay pictures.

I'd like to get this a little more accurate than I currently have it before cutting the final piece. Does anyone have a better picture available or able to take a few measurements from one? I estimate that I will need to lower the bracket approximately 17mm from its current position in the engine bay as shown by the green plate in the model. Here is what I have so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Romadog2004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H I have started doing the same and have given my bracket to a neighbour who has a business making similair products etc and has laser cutters and powder coating plant . He has started drawing this up, but I needed the bracket back to use the truck. I will be speaking to him again next week.

He has already made a bracket kit for the ECU which I have one of in my 110. These went NLA many years ago !
FHS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a picture without any measurements would help
FHS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up eyeballing it. Fits good enough

JimC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been looking for one of these for years, but I was able to get my hands on an original and make a tracing. Could I possibly provide you more precise dimensions to refine your model? In the end did you end up laser cutting from the model or just wing it with an angle grinder?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: