www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB ???

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
V8GPC



Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 214
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: GB ??? Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANDROVER-DEFENDER-50th-ANNIVERSARY-V8-AUTO-JUST-HAD-RESTORATION/323222434845?hash=item4b418ef41d:g:E8MAAOSwP25a3gM7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NAS90



Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like 277 to me, although it is a little fussy when you zoom in that close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
V8GPC



Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 214
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same but couldn't be sure as 2's and 7's looked the same.

It is missing the side steps, not a fan of the bonnet and the centre caps don't seem to match the wheel colour. Not sure what the restoration consists of; could just be a Dinitrol treatment that hides the underneath; the paint looks rough on axles as if its just sprayed over rust. Some stainless bolts though; and the paintwork in the photo is shinny; but who knows close up

No interior photos either.

Based on what others have sold for its a bit rich for 40K; but maybe 25-30K, not as good looking as some of the other 40K+ that have sold.

The write up needs much more detail and definitely needs some nice interior photos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NAS90



Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:

Based on what others have sold for its a bit rich for 40K; but maybe 25-30K, not as good looking as some of the other 40K+ that have sold.
.


It is already over 30,000 with more than 3 days to go.

It does seem that anything much below 30k nowadays is a restoration project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minibograt



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 1670
Location: Gatwick

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: GB 277 Reply with quote

I thinks it's GB 277

S648 BDS does not come up on Search

The Register has a Reg date of 05.01.99

Same as Ebay listing

Too long odds for 2 wagons having the same date
_________________
Peter
GB 135 - L44ND R
Def 110 TDCi Puma HiCap Pickup
Chevy S.10 4.3 V6 Pickup
Toyota Land Cruiser D4D 2.8 Invincible X
Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara
Scirocco TSi 210
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ReDGryffyN



Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAS90 wrote:
V8GPC wrote:

Based on what others have sold for its a bit rich for 40K; but maybe 25-30K, not as good looking as some of the other 40K+ that have sold.
.


It is already over 30,000 with more than 3 days to go.

It does seem that anything much below 30k nowadays is a restoration project.


Well mine was not a restoration project and was very reasonably priced.

ReD
_________________
Ex GB199
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minibograt



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 1670
Location: Gatwick

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner has just confirmed to me that it is GB 277
_________________
Peter
GB 135 - L44ND R
Def 110 TDCi Puma HiCap Pickup
Chevy S.10 4.3 V6 Pickup
Toyota Land Cruiser D4D 2.8 Invincible X
Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara
Scirocco TSi 210
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jimblowscash



Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 252
Location: kent

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a vehicle thats just had a restoration im surprised to see oxidisation on the rear panels Rolling Eyes
_________________
im allways in the muck... its just the depth that differs..

ex owner GB165
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NAS90



Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReDGryffyN wrote:
NAS90 wrote:
V8GPC wrote:

Based on what others have sold for its a bit rich for 40K; but maybe 25-30K, not as good looking as some of the other 40K+ that have sold.
.


It is already over 30,000 with more than 3 days to go.

It does seem that anything much below 30k nowadays is a restoration project.


Well mine was not a restoration project and was very reasonably priced.

ReD


Yes yours looks like it was good value when you sold it and I am sure the new owner is delighted with his purchase.

However looking at the market now it does seem prices are at this level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maver1ck



Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Posts: 37
Location: Northants

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: GB 277 Reply with quote

Reserve not met 35,200!
_________________
GB 278
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
V8GPC



Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 214
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

means nothing... friends and family who know the reserve bid it close; so that the next bidder wins... and the seller gets the sale.

Also something with many bids by a few different people gives other confidence to jump in - even if the price is hoghe than they thought they'd pay - they think it must be something special and don't want to loose it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NAS90



Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:
means nothing... friends and family who know the reserve bid it close; so that the next bidder wins... and the seller gets the sale.

Also something with many bids by a few different people gives other confidence to jump in - even if the price is hoghe than they thought they'd pay - they think it must be something special and don't want to loose it.


That's very cynical! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
V8GPC



Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 214
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the reserve not met... gives it away.
But 50th's are selling and at a good price.

I thought of selling mine; but the money would burn a hole and i'd be buying another Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group