www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50th anniversary Td5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Striker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: 50th anniversary Td5 Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been covered I searched and couldnt find much

But is the 50th anniversary Td5 collectable ? a real thing? seem to be mixed reports online.

Were they just 90s made in the same year and had a similar paint job to the V8 50th?

Love to hear from the experts plese

I have an option to buy one and wondered if it held any value / worth buying etc etc

thanks in advance
NAS90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: 50th anniversary Td5 Reply with quote

Striker wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered I searched and couldnt find much

But is the 50th anniversary Td5 collectable ? a real thing? seem to be mixed reports online.

Were they just 90s made in the same year and had a similar paint job to the V8 50th?

Love to hear from the experts plese

I have an option to buy one and wondered if it held any value / worth buying etc etc

thanks in advance

As far as I remember there were two Defender models released for the anniversary, the 50th V8 Automatic (which is well documented on here) and the TD5 Heritage. If you mean the 1998 TD5 Heritage, then yes they are rare and considered collectable attracting a premium price.

I have seen some adverts for Diesel Defenders from 1998 in Atlantis Blue, but I don't think these were official anniversary models from the factory.
Striker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Nas90...

I think this may be a standard 90 in atlantis blue its 1998 model but its doesnt seem have any of the heritage features ....

can see a pic here if anyone can help with what it is??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--lT5d6YSFphYh_YQGkskaT8aER32R7I/view?usp=sharing
V8GPC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how a genuine TD5 Heritage should look.

The Diesel 50th's don't have any special parts; other than the colour and being sold during the 50th year; and no unique identifier or build plaque.

Additionally even genuine 50th Anniversary Defenders were not always registered correctly with the DVLA. (Although decoding the Chassis number provides evidence... to some extend) the Diesel 50th were probably just registered along with all normal Defenders so nothing to prove it - other than the 1998 vintage which will dilute the value compared a 1999 version.

Last edited by V8GPC on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Striker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: aww ! Reply with quote

So thats the heritage style 50th anniversary td5

not like the one I have been shown !!

thnaks you
mrtee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the TD5 heritage was produced in 2001/ 2002 not 1998? The diesel 50ths were 300tdi s and vans- just with Atlantic blue paint- not TD5- that engine was fitted from late 1999- I had one of the first ones produced

The Heritage was available in Bronze Green and lighter mint green same as the 2016 run out version- green leather interior also- They were about the same time as a Tomb Raider LE

The picture shown of blue TD5 looks like a standard Pre 2002 defender
mrtee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my dates slightly wrong- TD5 Heritage was 1999-2000
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As all of the above say, the 50th hard tops were TDi rather than Td5.

The vehicle you have shown is is just a standard Td5 in cobar blue I think, nothing special.

Some people refer to the heritage as a 50th vehicle but they are to late for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Another One

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one 50th ,which was retro fitted with a TD5 engine and 5 speed gearbox from a long defender, the 50th engine and box was then fitted to the long defender. It was carried out by a Dutch Land Rover main dealer for one of its regular clients. Having spent a brief time in the UK the 50th with the TD5 is now back in the Netherlands.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I knew I had seen a TD5 50th somewhere, that makes sense now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: