www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tickover problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> 50th Owners pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Undersec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: tickover problems Reply with quote

My Defender GB 206 is having tickover problems. Sometimes it's 2500 revs and sometimes it just stalls. We've had the throttle body apart and cleaned it. The stepper motor seems to be working OK and there are no fault codes on the readout. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. Any ideas gratefully received.
fjk911s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Tickover Reply with quote

I feel your pain I’ve replaced absolutely everything now with mine.

Coil pack, the MAF sensor is extremely important and relates to the gear changes.

I’ve had starter motor, MAF, ignition coil pack, new ignition leads new spark plugs.

I’ve also have two new lamba sensors about to go on... i’m hoping now it’s had the new headers as well and Cylinder heads its idling right...

Good luck with yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> 50th Owners pictures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: