www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50th Repair Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spgmcb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: 50th Repair Help Reply with quote

Sad

Unfortunately, an uninsured driver crashed into my parked 50th outside my house with a disco last Thursday, he then proceeded to ram it several times into a wall and parked a car in a bid to get away. The substantial Series 3 bull bar prevent major damage but N/S wing and doors need replacing. Will probably need a full respray, looks like the chassis is still straight. I'm insured with Admiral, as the driver is uninsured I need to claim on my insurance. I made it clear that I would not allow the vehicle to be removed, initially, Admiral tasked a Suzuki repair garage to inspect the damage, Admiral refused to send a land rover approved repairer. After I complained, Admiral is now sending an independent accessor. Does anyone have any recommendations for anyone who has experience of 50th that could repair it, also an experience of dealing with insurance companies with 50th's? Based in Kent.
Any help would be appreciated!

GB 329
NAS90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaged wing and door are not too bad to source replacement parts, but if they are damaged is the bulkhead also damaged?

I would say best thing you can do is get an approved Land Rover repairer in your area to quote for the repair and, if you can arrange it, get the independent insurance guy to do his inspection whilst it is at the approved repairer, that way you make sure he gets his report correct and stand a decent chance of him recommending the approved centre for the repair.
oilit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch

good luck Shocked
Aston Martin Cygnet
VW Golf
Ducato Donkey Cart
Transit Van
Nissan Leaf
spgmcb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, independent loss adjuster viewing next week with my wifes Figaro that was also damaged. Authorised land rover repairer is reviewing images my 50th, so wait and see. I recall a couple of years ago a few people on the forum restored and repaired 50th's, I think one was called Simon.

Is there anyone on the forum who still rebuilds 50th's as my preference would be to have it repaired to a high standard.

Thanks again

GB 329
MikeB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Durant is your man for restorations. He recently did mine and the job is superb. Not sure whether he would do accident damage though?
spgmcb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, could you PM contact details for Simon so that I can send him details of the damage, thanks.

GB 329
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: