www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doors - same as other defenders ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phib

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Doors - same as other defenders ? Reply with quote

I have a spare set of doors and front wings from a 50th, I doubt I will ever use them on my 50th when I rebuild it ( if I ever rebuild it) as I would priobably buy new.

Have a friend who is desperate for a pair of doors, are the 50th doors just standard doors for any landrover ?

I know the bonnets are unique to the 50ths but are the doors ?

Don't want to sell him mine and find I need a specific set of doors when or if I come to need them !!

Lastly how much are doors ??
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The door cards and speaker adapters and grills are probably unique.
Doors value depends on condition. 50 - 100; and how complete they are.

I think the bonnets are standard and not unique; i've got a later TD5 on mine. (prior to a puma one) so have had all types fitted. You just need the later bonnet prop and alarm bracket and some adjustment on the ecu bracket and header tank for clearance (due to the internal shape difference)
oilit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8GPC wrote:
The door cards and speaker adapters and grills are probably unique.
Doors value depends on condition. 50 - 100; and how complete they are.

I think the bonnets are standard and not unique; i've got a later TD5 on mine. (prior to a puma one) so have had all types fitted. You just need the later bonnet prop and alarm bracket and some adjustment on the ecu bracket and header tank for clearance (due to the internal shape difference)

Bonnets are unique - others will apparently fit, but the 50th one did have a unique code when I bought one about 5 years ago - and at that time there were something like 5 left. The major difference 'apparently' is the layout of the supports on the underside.
Aston Martin Cygnet
VW Golf
Ducato Donkey Cart
Transit Van
Nissan Leaf
maver1ck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Front Doors Reply with quote

See my post in General Chat dated 20 March 2017.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: