www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No refund on cancelled Adrian Flux policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What puddle?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: No refund on cancelled Adrian Flux policy Reply with quote

Be aware, if you take out Adrian Flux insurance...NO REFUND ON CANCELLATION!!!

Very sadly passed on my 50th to safe hands today, went to cancel my Adrian Flux policy (been with them since I bought it - and no claims made) only to be told that they don't refund any money! Shan't be going with them ever again!
Defender-less - but big plans!
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry,

Glad you found it a new home and excited to see what you do next!

To be fair you'll find the majority of classic car, limited mileage schemes have different cancellation terms compared to standard run of the mill policies. You're always best to check these types of thing when taking out your policy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
What puddle?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, James. Really sad to see my 50th go - but things move on. I have plans for a cracking 90 pick-up, but so far those plans are just on my PC and in my head. I did discover that I never want to sell a secondhand car again!

Adrian Flux told me that the no-refund clause is in the small print...which I didn't read.
Denis O

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look around the Interwebs and you'll find loads of negative stuff about Flux regarding refunds of unused insurance.

When I sold my 50th, some years ago now, I was 3 months into a 1 year policy. The policy cost around £250 and my refund was around £80. When I questioned their maths, they pointed me to some obscure small print, which everyone reads, don't they Rolling Eyes

I've never used them since, and never will.
2017 Abarth 595 Competizioni 180 bhp
What puddle?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Denis. I won't use them ever again, either. I don't understand business sense like this, or rather, lack of it. I run a small business, and go out of my way for my customers. No one could bad-mouth my business, as I have a practice that I give the service that I would like to receive. I did tell the woman on the phone that she had a chance to think again about not refunding me anything (stating three times that I would put it on our forum), but obviously she couldn't care less, and just said that old thing; 'Company policy'. When I think about it, I wonder if I could have paid monthly, and just stopped the payments when the car was sold. But maybe their small print says you have to carry on paying!

Insurance is just one big fraud. Three years ago I was rear-ended while driving my van. Now, it just happened to coincide with my premium renewing that I had received the day before. Get this: my premium was £240. The claim went through ok and the other driver admitted responsibility. Then I get my renewal through automatically...and it had gone up to £280. I phoned them, and they said that statistically, being as I was just involved in an accident that wasn't my fault (!) I was more likely to be involved in another one. I got into this bizarre conversation with the insurance guy, trying to explain that you can do anything with statistics to get what you want to produce (like energy companies using the incorrect algorithm (yes, they do!). But he just said that's how it is. I had to pay the extra £40. So remember that when you settle a claim that isn't of your fault. Ask for a little extra to cover the increased cost of your next premium. The guy admitted that the only reason I had found out about it was because I had just received the quote. They don't advertise the fact that the algorithm changes after you have been in a no-fault accident - because statistics show you are more likely to be in another one.

The odd thing was, they paid both Mrs Puddle and I £1,000 each if we signed a letter saying that we wouldn't make a claim for whiplash that neither of us had reported! You couldn't make it up. I'm an honest person, and told the claims person on the phone that both of us were fine. We refused to attend a doctor's appointment as we were ok. So they sent us £1,000 each. I actually tried to NOT get this, but they were insistent.

My old uncle used to call car insurance 'legalised fraud'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: