www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newby says hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrejuan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Newby says hello Reply with quote

Hello forum.
I've been lurking a while and decided to register as I am a big 50th fan.

A bit about my Landy history.

Late 70s I was lucky enough to be driving a Rangie (owned by the firm I worked for).
This cemented my love of the marque and by the late 80s I had a Vogue SE of my own.
In the 90s my needs changed and I got a 110 CSW. This was by far my favourite vehicle so I stayed with Defender until about three years ago when (fed up of repeated attempts to steal it) I sold.
Regretted it immediately and promised myself to return to Defender and if possible a 50th. (from my history you can see why)
So, I am on the lookout.
I have always had other cars along side landy's, and have a soft spot for Saab. Also I have a couple of 1970s cars.
So far I am really impressed with this forum, I think I will feel at home.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. The Defender is incredibly infectious, I have never really figured out why exactly. But then, lovers of Morris Minors, Beetles and MGBs will say the same. I have tried shaking off my affliction for watching hours and hours of YouTube videos on Defenders, and my wife thinks I'm really sad. But still.

The Defender 50th is the ultimate Defender. I hope you enjoy your time here and, of course, you must know that there are two currently for sale on the forum: mine and Robert's. Please see here http://defender50th.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=18118#18118

This is a small club, and sometimes people don't answer when you pose a point or question. However, there is some great help, so I don't know why some of those that have a 50th haven't joined. Romadog is full of info, as is Colin and Victor. I think I may (?) have already spoken to you on the phone as someone who is interested in buying a 50th. The trick is finding a decent one, as they are almost 19 years old now. You should be very careful in your choice. Without saying too much DO YOUR RESEARCH! There are some that come up for sale that are more than at first appear.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Crocs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap!

I like old cars too. 50s and 60s for me (maybe I'm older than you!), I've had numerous Jaguars from that era.

BUT, I like the reference to SAABS - I used to have a 1965 two stroke and would really love to find another good one.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Robert
andrejuan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome guys, and advice (you can never get enough of that)
It wasn't me who rang.
I am a member of another car forum where membership is very small so understand how infrequent visits are but hey, no rush, i'm grateful for any response.
It is going to be an interesting journey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: