www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Japan Import - Auction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V8GPC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Red Japan Import - Auction Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-50TH-ANNIVERSARY-/232139554154?hash=item360c987d6a:g:ttIAAOSwA3dYJExy
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Red ex Japanese Market 50th Reply with quote

Interestingly the VIN indicates it is a RHD Manual Gearbox, this seems to be the case with all the ex Japanese market 50ths that I have seen so far. I checked with Land Rover NZ with regard to mine and they could offer no logical explanation. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Hairy Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ex-Japan 50th anniversary model and it's an automatic.
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Red ex Japanese Market 50th Reply with quote

Sorry, should have explained a little more. The ex Japanese market 50th I own has the same VIN anomaly re the transmission, 7 rather than 3 in the VIN, but was built as an automatic; the others that I know of in NZ have the same incorrect numbering in the VIN. From the advert that was posted for the Red 50th for sale in the UK it would appear that this seems to be the "norm" and was wondering whether this inaccuracy is only limited to the Japanese market units..
Hairy Dan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got you, I've just had a look at mine and mine has a 7 also Confused
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own theory for what its worth is Land Rover ran out of chassis`s for these machines as they were so popular and just used whatever was at hand. From what I can make out on mine everything is correct for the Japanese spec vehicle inc axles etc, just the incorrect VIN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: