www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB089

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: GB089 Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-superb-1998-Land-Rover-Defender-90-4-0-V8-50th-Anniversary-Auto-FSH-/222289132683?hash=item33c176fc8b:g:-wwAAOSw44BYILr8

GB089 although advertised with GB085 and GB089 numbers in the listing.

usual drone!
Motodrome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: GB089 Reply with quote

The GB085 is a typo which is being corrected across all sales channels. It's definitely GB089
Here's a tip though - As you seem to find my 'usual drone' so offensive to your obviously delicate ears, mute the sound.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say... Simon (at Motodrome) is easy to deal with and very affable. I have met quite a few car dealers in my 57 years, and found him fair and professional in the one and only time I met him. He has a limited, but choice, selection of cars at any one time, and the prices asked seem to reflect typical dealer prices. There is often more going on than meets the eye when some make comments. Draw from that what you will.
Defender-less - but big plans!
V8GPC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha; having ready the comments and abuse posted last time "Motodrome" made a guest appearance on the forum I wondered if my play on words would get another set of backlash from Simon Waller

oh well; no sense of humour - what a shame.

...to be honest I've watch plenty of the eBay vehicles that Motordrome have for sale; and although the videos can be a bit "sky" "grass" "car" they do show what you need to know - and the detail in the listings is often well detailed - so can't argue with that.

Now there are a coupe of members vehicles for sale via a highly respected Business which has been established for many years; it would be great for people to see some positive and friendly comments from Motodrome rather than the rudeness shown so far; after all anyone wanting a 50th will at some point read back through posts.

The forum is for like minded enthusiasts - together we can help each other which benefits us all - even the businesses out there that we all need support from at time to time.

anyway moving on...
What puddle?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, there is more than is known on here, so it might be better to let things slide, and they tend to go more smoothly if you do. Sorry to be cryptic. This forum has always been (in the years that I have been here) quite civilised, with virtually none of the back-biting that infects similar Defender forums. Let us not descend into that, please, and I'm positive James wants it that way.

Simon is a huge man, and quite able to defend himself, I'm positive of that! But I fear that if he comes on here to make any comment at all, he might be unfairly treated. Let's all talk to each other as though we would face to face (if only all forums were that way!)...and I doubt there are many on this forum who could actually face to face with Simon at his height Smile

Peace and love, and all that shit.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Motodrome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, this is my final word on this thread.

It's funny how, by responding to an apparently 'humorous' comment with an equally pithy one, it's transposed to 'rudeness', which certainly wasn't my intention, but I thank you for pointing out the typo in our description of GB089 (which to clarify, Motodrome own outright rather than selling it on behalf of a client).
That brings me on to another subject - for years Motodrome were ridiculed on this forum for asking high prices for 50ths, although generally these were achieved. I'm not going to claim any credit for the overall price increase though! But it's strange how some more vociferous members went a bit quiet in terms of high prices when we were asked to find new homes for their 50th's.
As Barry alludes, there was far more than met the eye to the previous spat on here a couple of months ago, but decorum prevents me from disclosing exactly what. Nevertheless I will always reserve the right to respond to blatant untruths about our stock and/or business practices, whoever that upsets.

I've been in this business now for nearly 30 years, and I'm afraid you can't survive that long by pulling the wool over people's eyes. Motodrome's business model is far from perfect, but I do strive for honesty and openness for both buyers, prospects, and sellers, which I'd like to think is more than some dealers can claim. Constructive criticism is always welcome as to how things might be better done, but nonsense isn't. I'm not sure why I should be seen to hold higher moral views than other members in terms of postings, but that seems to be the case.
Enough said - enjoy your 50ths.
minibograt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB 089 back on Ebay , via Motordrome again

£ 25,995 - 112k

Audi SQ5 3.0 V6 twin turbo
Def 110 TDCi Puma HiCap Pickup (2009 9.7k miles from new)
Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara
VW Scirocco GT TSi 210
NAS90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minibograt wrote:
GB 089 back on Ebay , via Motordrome again

£ 25,995 - 112k

Strange, on his web site he doesn't appear to have GB089 but has S90 CMD, looks tatty in pictures but sensibly priced at a fraction under £20K

http://www.motodrome.co.uk/1998-land-rover-defender-90-50/4582208308

Last edited by NAS90 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
V8GPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was advertised on pistonheads a couple of days earlier; in the ad were pictures of it in snow - and the advert mentioned that it was listed on pistonheads even before their own website motodrome.

The ad has been updated since

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/land-rover/defender/superb-1998-defender-90-50th-anniversary-4-0-auto/8164137
Motodrome

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: GB089 now on our website Reply with quote

to clarify the above, GB089 is now on our website under the following link

http://www.motodrome.co.uk/1998-land-rover-defender-90-50/4593984385
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: