www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's it worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
choppen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: What's it worth Reply with quote

Hi all looked at a genuine uk 50th today that's needs quite a lot of loving just want your thoughts on what it's worth in its current condition it's done 139k and on gas it's been off the road for 2 years due to failing it's mot due to few bits like brakes and joints main thing was emissions it's abit rough around the edges in my opinion wants full paint bulkhead is mint wants new rear door as its rotten rear crossmember is rotten and has a couple of holes in outriggers interior is ok but wants a bloody good clean I started it up and seemed to be on choke constantly although was only running for a few minutes obviously wants a good service and going over it appears to be original apart from the gas kit it's had 5 previous keepers and don't think it has much history what's it worth?
Thanks
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is he asking?
choppen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert McFly wrote:
What is he asking?

They are asking for offers that's the problem
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best to price it when the work is done and work back the way to an offer you are comfortable with. It would sell with the miles anywhere between 15k -25k depending on the the level of refurb.

Costs

Respray with all the new parts including that need replaced is going to be between 3k - 5k,New crossmember fitted 700 and welding 250.

So you are easily 6k into it so I would say an offer around 8k-10k would be reasonable.
choppen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert McFly wrote:
It's probably best to price it when the work is done and work back the way to an offer you are comfortable with. It would sell with the miles anywhere between 15k -25k depending on the the level of refurb.

Costs

Respray with all the new parts including that need replaced is going to be between 3k - 5k,New crossmember fitted 700 and welding 250.

So you are easily 6k into it so I would say an offer around 8k-10k would be reasonable.

but i see the scotland one on here that looked clean only sell for 13.5k and that was below 100k miles this one is no where near as nice if i bought it id want to give it a full restoration
V8GPC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offer low, they can only say no - you can always go up.
explain all the work it needs. you probably need to think about a cam change too
Adbseries3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth chatting with Simon Durant or popping him a PM. He can give you an idea on restoration and you can work back from that to come up with a value. They are hard to predict at the moment.
griffman500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: