www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomb Raider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Tomb Raider Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
What do any of you know about the Tomb Raider 90 for sale in Chesham ?
Would it be an original automatic or a conversion ?
Sorry to use a public forum for this, but a PM won't work from Canada.
Mac, was this the vehicle you owned and converted to an autobox ?
It seems to me that once this Tomb Raider automatic reaches 25 years old, Americans with a Defender LE addiction would be all over this.
Your comments are appreciated.
Thanks !

Gary
GB381
NAS90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it is a conversion, not a factory Automatic. It should have been a TD5 manual from the factory and looks to have been converted to have an Ashcroft centre console (not a factory auto one) along with what looks like an old RR shift lever to me so potentially a ZF 4 speed transmission.

Quite a bit different from a NAS90 LE which was a factory 4.0 V8 Auto, with a few nice options and special colour.

As they hit 25 years old I would think the rest of world NAS spec cars (sold mainly in Middle East 1994, 94 & 97 and Japan 1997) will be sought after first as they are 99% proper NAS specification. The very few LHD 50ths along with the UK & Rest of World RHD 50ths, converted to LHD, would be the next target a year later, but with prices where they are now, the cost benefit of importing them to US vs a real NAS90 is getting more marginal.

I do think the prices of these specific models will be influenced upwards as they turn 25 years old, starting in 3 years time for the 94 models but not sure how many owners will cash in, they aren't producing any more V8s so if lots get exported to USA, chances of buying another one will be limited.

Having said that if prices go really crazy then the wife might be saying bye bye to her 1994 NAS90 soft top as it heads Stateside...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: